NameSilo

DomainMOD - Self-hosted Open Source Domain Management

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I've had an open source domain management project called DomainMOD for quite a few years now, but after a huge redesign and code update I'm finally comfortable spreading the word about it. The software has been around for about 10 years now and this is literally the first time I've posted here about it. It was originally a personal project to manage my own domains, but it has since grown into something more, and I figured I would see if anyone else could get some use out if it.

Demo: https://demo.domainmod.org
Source: https://github.com/domainmod/domainmod

Description from website:

"DomainMOD is an open source application written in PHP & MySQL used to manage your domains and other internet assets in a central location. DomainMOD also includes a Data Warehouse framework that allows you to import your web server data so that you can view, export, and report on your live data. Currently the Data Warehouse only supports servers running WHM/cPanel."

Anyways, I don't want to ramble for too long here, but I find the application useful and currently manage 3 installations of it, so I thought some others might find it handy as well.

Any feedback is appreciated!

PS - A special thanks goes out to NamePros user @Hayes, who designed the logo for the software via a NamePros design contest almost 3 years ago. I was in the process of a rebrand from Domain Manager to DomainMOD at the time, and the logo is one of the only design elements that's lasted all these years. I still love it to this day!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
NOTE: Although feedback is appreciated, I'm not actually looking for a review, but the post was moved here from the General Domain Discussion forum. I'm simply trying to spread the word about some useful free software and I guess there aren't many forums that this can be done in.

For some reason I can't edit my original post, which is why I'm posting a follow-up here instead.

•••
This looks very interesting, thanks for sharing it.

•••
This looks very interesting, thanks for sharing it.

You're very welcome! I figured if it's useful for me that others may be able to get some use out of it as well.

I'm currently working on registrar API integrations, so if you have access to your registrar's API you can automatically import your domains into the software. Should be released in a week or two.

•••
You're very welcome! I figured if it's useful for me that others may be able to get some use out of it as well.

I'm currently working on registrar API integrations, so if you have access to your registrar's API you can automatically import your domains into the software. Should be released in a week or two.

That would be a great addition. It's the one thing missing that's currently stopping me from investing time into setting it all up and using it.

I really do appreciate the hard work that must have gone into this, kudos to you for pursuing it for so long and releasing it to the public.

•••
@RicoShay

If you don't mind me asking, which domain registrars do you currently use? I'm about 90% done the OpenSRS integration (I'm just waiting for some more information from them so I can confirm my results), at which point the next version of the software will be getting released, however if some of the registrars you use have APIs I may be able to squeeze them in while I'm waiting on OpenSRS.

At release time, the registrars that will support automatic domain imports will be DNSimple, Dynadot, eNom, Fabulous, GoDaddy, Internet.bs, Name.com, NameBright, Namecheap, NameSilo, OpenSRS, and ResellerClub.

•••
I mainly use the ones you've listed. DynaDot, Name.com, NameCheap, GoDaddy and ResellerClub.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back