Dynadot

video Domaining Show

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi everyone,

I did one video with the concept of starting a domaining show. I am wondering what your thoughts are and any suggestions. Here is the video:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••

Thank you. In the future the videos will be under 10 minutes and include curated news related to domaining, development and marketing tips. And who knows, maybe an interview now and then. It is hoped this will be a good complement to other podcasts and video channels available and prove to be informative and educational.

Last edited:
•••
Unfortunately, it can't be opened in China

•••
Unfortunately, it can't be opened in China

Why is that? Is it due to the government blocking access from the west? Something in the content? Can you use a vpn?

Last edited:
•••
Why is that? Is it due to the government blocking access from the west? Something in the content? Can you use a vpn?
same reason gmail doesn't work there, its blocked

•••
great start I like it, also great intro animation , you did that?

•••
•••
I have a few

.gtlds

But i own a few

Two keyword .coms

Too

Domaining. Show

And

Domain. Show

Are gtlds

•••
I have a few

.gtlds

But i own a few

Two keyword .coms

Too

Domaining. Show

And

Domain. Show

Are gtlds

Thank you for your comment. Do you have a question?

•••
Here is the next video. It is about semantics in domaining.

This weekend there will be another video made more recently.

Hope you enjoy and benefit from it. Please subscribe.

Last edited:
•••
Having a little fun here with this one:

•••
Hi everyone,

I did one video with the concept of starting a domaining show. I am wondering what your thoughts are and any suggestions. Here is the video:

I will answer a few of your points...

1. I often change where my domains point and right now half of them point to a new project I started therefore for the next few months my domains are uses to highlight that instead.

2. Everything you mentioned is completely accurate except it does not take long to forward the domains, it is done in less than 3 keyclicks, here is how I do it.

I am with go daddy so I forward all my domains masked to a SUBDOMAIN of my marketplace like domains.mapledots.com.
That is a one time procedure and I set the domains as masked (I will explain why in a moment) with the name of the document as "Contact".
With the GoDaddy bulk tools you can do all that in a few minutes but now I will share how you can do that with any registrar. So with another registrar that does not have good bulk tools it might be a project but you will only EVER have to do it once if you do it my way.

So once you forwarded all your domains to a subdomain like domains.mapledots.com then you are done.

Now go to the subdomain and point it wherever you like, which means all 1000 domains go to where you want them to, in this case it was my online store. Now I have a different project so I forward that subdomain to my new project and in 2 keyclicks all 1000 domains point there.

Here is the good juicy part... the person that types the domain into the address bar will see that domain retained in the address bar but depending on the project I have it forwarded to I might be doing business with the end site so I simply load this code..

Code:
<base target='_top'/>

Now on the first click anywhere in the site it breaks out of the frame and goes back to the proper web address. That gives the visitor who typed the domain into the address long enough to see it there but it changes to whatever I forwarded it to on the first click. Because I titled the Page as CONTACT the person looking for domain typed into the address bar also sees that as the Document and Tab name giving reader a clue to contact for more info.

Last edited:
•••
@MapleDots

That's a good way to do it. And yes, you can indeed forward domains in bulk to the same URL at the registrar level. I haven't checked all of them but definitely at GD. Thanks for sharing.

Last edited:
•••
Thank you. In the future the videos will be under 10 minutes and include curated news related to domaining, development and marketing tips. And who knows, maybe an interview now and then. It is hoped this will be a good complement to other podcasts and video channels available and prove to be informative and educational.
Yes, 10-minute videos will do better IMO.

•••

Just watched this episode, very good, informative. Thank you for sharing this.

Would be good if you could have a banner at the start, at the end, with your contact details TCK, maybe your linkedin etc :)

•••
Working on the format of the show. Please submit ideas and topics you would like to see covered to [email protected].

•••
Some tips:

• Avoid politics
  • Stop the social justice rants

•••
Here is the next video. It is about semantics in domaining.

This weekend there will be another video made more recently.

Hope you enjoy and benefit from it. Please subscribe.

Great video!

This semantics video has rather loud audio on the intro animation, good to normalise audio levels, it hurt my ears!

Last edited:
•••
Hi all,

Did a few experimental episodes. Domaining Show is definitely in the front view window. There will be the first season launching in the fall. Love the feedback so far. Would also love to learn what you would like to see featured as we prepare the format. Lots on the plate. I hope the timeline is reasonable. Please feel free to share. And don't forget to subscribe on YT: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSQtkzoV2Ts72PIw9u0ZrrA

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back