IT.COM

discuss Domaining is so unpredictable

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

aditya agrawal

Established Member
Impact
Hi all,

Just wanted to share one of my end user sales and maybe boost morale of 1000's of other domainers still hand-registering domains.

I have a plethora of *word*APP.com domains. Due to lack of sales in the category I decided to trim down the inventory.
The domain in question was supposedly so "bad" that I didnt even transfer/renew it for free with Network solutions last october. And it was about to expire in a month in Jan 2018.

Coming to the sale. The end-user offered me $200 via mail. The offer came as a shocker because I have a lot better domains still waiting for an offer but I get an inquiry for this one. Now, I am searching for the domain and I cannot find it in any of my accounts. oh.. what a heartbreaker it was as I just lost $200 on a domain that I had owned.
But apparently I did a whois check and I realized that the domain resides at my domain.com account with a few others where they could peacefully expire since all my current active portfolio is at netsol godaddy or namecheap. I quickly logged into the account to find it happily waiting for me.

In the spur of happiness, over-confidence and greed, I replied with a counter offer of $1500. After a series of negotiations the sale was closed at $1000.

What a christmas gift it turned out to be. An expiring domain was sold off for $1000.

Total investment- $12 regged for $10 and transferred to domain.com for $2. Returns $1000.

I cant reveal the name because of non-disclosure agreement but I can tell you all that It was in "Word" App category and the word was adjective.

Hope it inspires others

Cheers,
Aditya.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Domaining is crazy and funny. Thanks for sharing

•••
Yep, hold a few KeywordApp.com domains myself. Good to hear. Have sold a few in the past for mid xxxx

•••
Yep, hold a few KeywordApp.com domains myself. Good to hear. Have sold a few in the past for mid xxxx

Thanks for the info..
I let so many word app expire this year. Maybe I'll reg them back with the next promo...

•••
Congrats and thanks for sharing!(y)

•••
Great going, very sweet sale!

•••
Hi all,

Just wanted to share one of my end user sales and maybe boost morale of 1000's of other domainers still hand-registering domains.

I have a plethora of *word*APP.com domains. Due to lack of sales in the category I decided to trim down the inventory.
The domain in question was supposedly so "bad" that I didnt even transfer/renew it for free with Network solutions last october. And it was about to expire in a month in Jan 2018.

Coming to the sale. The end-user offered me $200 via mail. The offer came as a shocker because I have a lot better domains still waiting for an offer but I get an inquiry for this one. Now, I am searching for the domain and I cannot find it in any of my accounts. oh.. what a heartbreaker it was as I just lost $200 on a domain that I had owned.
But apparently I did a whois check and I realized that the domain resides at my domain.com account with a few others where they could peacefully expire since all my current active portfolio is at netsol godaddy or namecheap. I quickly logged into the account to find it happily waiting for me.

In the spur of happiness, over-confidence and greed, I replied with a counter offer of $1500. After a series of negotiations the sale was closed at $1000.

What a christmas gift it turned out to be. An expiring domain was sold off for $1000.

Total investment- $12 regged for $10 and transferred to domain.com for $2. Returns $1000.

I cant reveal the name because of non-disclosure agreement but I can tell you all that It was in "Word" App category and the word was adjective.

Hope it inspires others

Cheers,
Aditya.
non disclosure on a $1000 sale?

•••
non disclosure on a $1000 sale?

Yeah...not a written agreement but he took a commitment that it will be not disclosed... I have a feeling that he may not be the direct end user but will resell it to someone already looking for the domain.

Anyway I had no complaints.. I just had to agree to whatever he said...

•••
•••
Yeah...not a written agreement but he took a commitment that it will be not disclosed... I have a feeling that he may not be the direct end user but will resell it to someone already looking for the domain.

Anyway I had no complaints.. I just had to agree to whatever he said...
If that is the case you use that leverage to negotiate higher, if your happy that’s all that counts, well done.

•••
Received a $500 offer on Upload/App dotcom recently, countered with $2500 and the buyer got very angry and told me he will handreg a domain. lol

•••
I have sold some between $1k to $5k depending on the quality.

Had a buyer interested in AtlasApp.com , offered $1.5K but I rejected it.

SocialApp.com (not mine) just sold for $25k
FreeDatingApp.com (not mine) just sold for $3K (thats pretty good for a 3 word)

Last edited:
•••
I have sold some between $1k to $5k depending on the quality.

Had a buyer interested in AtlasApp.com , offered $1.5K but I rejected it.

SocialApp.com (not mine) just sold for $25k
FreeDatingApp.com (not mine) just sold for $3K (thats pretty good for a 3 word)
I have EncyclopediaApp.com I am willing to take that price. Let me know if you could pitch EncyclopediaApp.com instead of atlasapp to that user. Maybe we both could make some money here.

•••
Received a $500 offer on Upload/App dotcom recently, countered with $2500 and the buyer got very angry and told me he will handreg a domain. lol
Haha.. anger should have no place in negotiations... He could have politely told you his final price.

•••
Have another KeywordApp.com sale going through now for $6500 at SEDO

•••
Thanks for the info..
I let so many word app expire this year. Maybe I'll reg them back with the next promo...
Really! Next promo from which registrar?

•••
And congratulations on your sale. Many more of it to come

•••

HeHe, can't tell you how many times I tried to register a domain I already own.

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back