NameSilo

Domaining Is About More Than Just Money - comedy.to

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Impact
We are all the domain name game for different reasons. Many of us were lured into the dream of easily flipping domains and making millions only to learn that its not as easy as it seems. In fact, making a profit in the domain game is quite difficult.

Many of us are domaining for a number of other reasons. For many of us it is about dreaming of new innovations and ideas and building websites.

In my experience as a web developer and dreamer, I`ve discovered that domaining helps me in a number of non-tangable ways. For example many of my sites have helped me land jobs and gain new clients when I show them some of my work and SEO successes. In addition, the experience if earned over the years building up projects and trying out new ideas has given me invaluable experience.

One example i`d like to share with my fellow dreamers is my absolute favourite project: www.comedy.to, a toronto based comedy blog I created when I decided not to sell the name but keep it for this purpose.

I have always loved comedy and I figured that Comedy.TO makes a lot of sense since i live in toronto and frequently visit comedy clubs in the city. I love comedy and owning this name has lead me to do a lot of creative writing and drawing. Since starting the blog I have met a number of great Toronto Comedians and have even been invited to some shows (free tickets!).

I will be honest here, I have not really made any money on this site, but money isnt everything. I wouldnt trade my experience with comedy.to for anything and wouldn`t consider selling the name unless someone was unreasonably generous.

When we buy names the first thought may be what a great name someone might want. But I am here to suggest that you should build your dreams sometimes and not always consider the quick easy buck. There is more to life than money and domaining can bring you a number of other great experiences.

I invite you all to take a moment to browse some great underground Toronto Comedy !

I would love to know what you guys think.

Happy New Year!

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I also was thinking of developing a comedy page for Canada. I have too much going on now to start it but I agree, it is fun thinking up names then making an idea come to life with a webpage or online service.

Cool page when I go to Toronto I'll check out your listings.

Last edited:
•••
nice spam

I'm glad you responded to my post. Next time it would be nice if you actually took the time to contribute instead of accusing me of spam. Everybody likes to plug their work and I love sharing my projects and experiences to this community. I suggest that if you see something on this forum that you think is just spam, to keep it to yourself and move on instead of trying to hurt the feelings of a fellow domainer.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back