Dynadot

Domaining Blog Idea

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I have noticed that a lot of Namepros domainers keep a blog to express their ideas. It would be an interesting idea to explore by having a section where Namepros members can link each of their individual blogs to individual discussion threads. This would help Namepros members in the following ways:

a) It would provide Namepros bloggers a place to promote their blogs
b) It would provide Namepros bloggers a place to receive feedback from readers who prefer responding through Namepros.
c) It would provide a place for Namepros members to see what a large variety of bloggers have listed on their blogs recently.
d) It would provide additional exposure to the Namepros forum.
e) It would provide Namepros bloggers and readers better opportunities to get to know each other through the blogs.

Just an idea

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I second this proposition. I not only love sharing my blog, I also love looking at others, so that would just provide an additional directory of blogs for me to explore!

•••
I don't like the idea.

It would become a place for people to 'dump' their blogs, people will abuse it and we'll end up having to clean up a huge spam forum.

IMO, if you've linked your personal domain blog in your signature, you're most likely going to get a view from it by people who're interested in domaining blogs or already seen your views from a post and want to learn more about you. (which is freaky) :p

•••
As James said, it would be a spam field. However, if perhaps the thread has to be checked by a moderator first (I know it is a lot to do but I am sure many people would be willing, including myself) and does not count for post count then it may work.

I like the idea, but it would have to be careful.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back