IT.COM

Domainers guide to scamming morons, and how to avoid becoming a victim yourself.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

mole

Insectivora MemberEstablished Member
Impact
Here are some things you need to religiously follow, not:

1. Give them half truths : Tell people .COM is good for "type-ins", without telling them the other half of the story. Never, ever, define what "type-ins" really mean. Just say Google.com, for example, has millions of type-ins a day.

2. Magnify with a tainted glass lens : Always remind people that Business.com sold for $7m, but never, ever, say it was just worthless stocks they were referring to. If they are still unconvinced, tell them Men.com recently sold for $1.3m and show them the news articles. However, don't show them this example if your buyer is a prude or has strong religious inclinations.

3. Oversimply the situation (morons love it) : Show them evidence that eBay.com and Google.com are very profitable companies using a .COM, and they can too. Never, ever, bring up the fact that the Internet is a cut-throat environment and that its going to take much much more than just a .COM and wishful thinking. Always wish your buyer Good Luck (you are going to need it)!

- copyright 2004, partially reproduced from mole's dirty tricks archive

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Whoa! When I was on the home page what I saw was "Domainers guide to scamming....."

•••
Thought provoking and a good read. I look forward to seeing more from your dirty tricks archive, mole.

•••
-RJ- said:
I look forward to seeing more from your dirty tricks archive, mole.

Sorry, I can't mention things like .COM PPC click fraud perpetuated by the owners themselves on advise by my lawyers, RJ. :D

•••
thanks for sharing, mole

mighty good of you

•••
I like Dot-Coms.

Someone had too much coffee today. Dot-Coms sites can benefit from "type-in" traffic. Who among us has never done so when looking for a particular site?

I own refi.biz, and would trade it in a hearbeat for refi.com just because of the type-ins, not to mention the inherent credibility of a dictionary Dot-Com.

One more thing, if you want to ensure that you don't get some of your email then make sure its address ends with something other than a Dot-Com. Go Dot-Coms.

And one more thing, the TLD .ws does not stand for web site. It stands for Western Somalia, I believe, not that it is relevant to this reply. Hey, maybe I had a little too much coffee today, too. Ahahahahahahahahahahahhaah...It's 1:40 am and I am all alone at the office...ahahahahahahahahhahahhahahha...

•••
homebuyer said:
Go Dot-Coms.

Absolutely buy, go dotcom, go. This thread is about how to swindle out more money from dotcom buyers by manipulating their stupidity and airy dreams of becoming a millionaire. I wish you Good Luck.

•••
Western Somalia or Western Samoa? :hehe:

I think you have had too much coffee!

homebuyer said:
And one more thing, the TLD .ws does not stand for web site. It stands for Western Somalia, I believe, not that it is relevant to this reply. Hey, maybe I had a little too much coffee today, too. Ahahahahahahahahahahahhaah...It's 1:40 am and I am all alone at the office...ahahahahahahahahhahahhahahha...

•••
Hehe, is Samoa even big enough to have a "west" and "east"?? lol

taheny said:
Western Somalia or Western Samoa? :hehe:

I think you have had too much coffee!

•••
Western Somalia or Western Samoa? Both places I will never visit.

.ws does stand for Western Samoa, however, last night, .ws could have stood for Western Springfield with the amount of coffee I had comsumed. Go Starbucks Doubleshot, except for the $2/per price.

•••
i guess if you live in "middle earth" then you gotta have some dirt! :)

•••
Not sure scamming morons is quite the suitable phrase when you refer to 'what in essence is', showing your prospective buyer the features and advantages of owning a dotcom as opposed to.....

Im sure Bill Gates isnt saying "hey, this product (incl packaging) costs us $2 a throw to develop and sell to you morons. Hey knock yourselves out, its up to date, has a clever logo, its just what you need..."

Wait a minute............................

•••
I'll stand correcting on this but I'm fairly sure that "Western Samoa" has been called "Samoa" for about the last 5 years or so. Not that this changes the tld .ws in any way. Really a marketing ploy, like .tv et al. "American Samoa" is "east" of Samoa.

•••
Dont you remember the days of how glorious it all seemed and fun exciting { one first kiss ones first love} adventurius the lastest news the new stories the latest sales,,,,
The more knowlegdable one gets the less magical it all seems,{politics of the intelectual mind} pretty soon synicalism sets in and then strange mutterings to ones one self, and then a glass prison walls { a soul capture by the cruelity of this world.}
if one looks enough its every in your family, at the job , scamming for the buck , hay
were not interested in the oil we want to free people.... um buy this car its number 1....take alook at the the Tv,{what games children are playing } what souls are being murdered and i will tell you this domain business is childsplay

its all around us this scam

•••
wishful thinking... people just don't do their homework properly.

•••
Fyi

I thought knowledgeable had three e's in it, and the "dg" too. Just trying to appear knowledgeable.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back