IT.COM

advice Domain with traffic on keywords, link it to production or forward

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hello,
I have a domain x (nabbed after expired) which ranks very good for the primary word of a production website.
In the domain X I have placed some articles and a reference to the production website. This domain though, continues to rank better than my production domain.
I need to increase the rank of my production website. Is it better to redirect-301 the old domain or leave it with the dummy info and the links?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Depends on why the new site is ranking. If it's because of existing links, then a 301 can push that link juice to the old site.

•••
You should write unique article for old domain (site) then insert backlink to your product. You must update more post for 2 sites. Then it'll rank well

•••
Usually google recommends 301 for domain move. Already both domains are live, and on top for search queries. At this point, its not better to apply 301 redirect.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back