Dynadot

Domain Wars, Domain Names in Dispute

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
The domain ownership wars and disputes are expected to hit a record number in 2012 due to the increase of the online shopping importance. This importance was the trigger that launched a huge number of legal law suits from the owners of known brands.

In one of the cases, the well-known brand for clothes, footwear and accessories, Gucci is claiming that it should have total control of a domain name that is called guccishoponline.org and not an unknown ecommerce company.

The main reason behind this dispute and similar ones is the increase of cyber squatters, especially in China. These cyber squatters register the domain names of known brands and names in order to be able to sell fake products or to blackmail the brand owner to pay money in order to transfer the ownership of the websites.

Read More
Courtesy of: Mark Whysall @ Adi-News.com

Maybe it's just me but it's about time these trademark squatters get taken to the ringer. I'm sick to death of them portraying us all as a bad element. I have no sympathy for anyone who registers brand names etc and then gets caught with their respective hand in the cookie jar.

Good Riddance to Bad Rubbish!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Praise the Lord and Pass the Ammo.
Let the wars begin when all the "new" exts hit the streets.

Domain lawyers, get ready for Big Money :laugh:

Peace,
Cy

•••
And the upcoming increase of people coming into namepros to whine and b*tch about why are they coming after my domain.

And in the appraisals, more tm names and people who will get mad because they will be told to drop at once.

And in the sales forums, the increase of tm names.

•••
TM brands should be a no-brainer.

What i am more concerned about, are these corporate entities trying to lord it over those generic keyword domains and their dictionary-word combinations.

Now, if you reg a generic keyword domain, you even have to put up with trying to defend yourself that you have legit usage "intentions" with such domain.

•••
And the upcoming increase of people coming into namepros to whine and b*tch about why are they coming after my domain.

And in the appraisals, more tm names and people who will get mad because they will be told to drop at once.

And in the sales forums, the increase of tm names.

i don't think it can be topped at the current level lol

cheers

liquid

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back