Domain Empire

advice Domain w Traffic - Best Way to Monetize?

NameSilo
Watch

Kiln Media

Established Member
Impact
I have a domain that receives about 500+ uniques a day, many of them come from china. I am curious what your thoughts on the best way to monetize the domain. It is an NNNN.info domain and is not directly related to any product or service.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Check archive.org or screenshots.com to find out what the website was on the domain and try to develop a site related to it. Or park it and show links similar to what the site was about.

•••
may I ask, what do you use to see that you have 500 uniques a day?

•••
•••
If you're sure the traffic is organic then follow silentg's advice, although developing for the chinese language -if you're not chinese- would be some kind of a feat :)

If you decide on parking, make sure you leave the domain on each parking service for at least 10-15 days (judging from your traffic) before you test another one.

Since the domain is a number, I'd suggest you check the previous site via archive.org (as silentg suggested) and check the page source for related keywords, description etc.
Then, on the parking service, choose a 2-lander, set those keywords there and wait to see if it works.

good luck

•••
If you're sure the traffic is organic then follow silentg's advice, although developing for the chinese language -if you're not chinese- would be some kind of a feat :)

If you decide on parking, make sure you leave the domain on each parking service for at least 10-15 days (judging from your traffic) before you test another one.

Since the domain is a number, I'd suggest you check the previous site via archive.org (as silentg suggested) and check the page source for related keywords, description etc.
Then, on the parking service, choose a 2-lander, set those keywords there and wait to see if it works.

good luck

Nice that is a really good idea. I have tried both Sedo parking and GoDaddy cash-parking for over a month each and neither pay well at all esp for the # of impressions it gets. I have never tried setting custom keywords though, that could be the x factor I need to make decent revenue. Thanks!

•••
If what you have to compare is SEDO and GoDaddy , then prepare for some nice surprise :)
Chinese traffic is not the best out there and is far from easy to monetize mind you, but it can be monetized.
It would never happen though using the above parking services.

For your domain, my suggestion would be ParkingCrew, Voodoo or NameDrive.
If you have trouble earning anything with those services then try DomainSponsor and BODIS.
I put BODIS last, not because it doesn't pay well but because they have no option to set keywords.

If you need any help with setting the keywords, please feel free to PM me

•••
Why not add it to ParkingCrew and see if it generate some revenue?

•••
gonna try other parking services - thanks

•••
Go to redirect.com
We are monetizing all types of traffic across all geos and browsers. All quality traffic goes to out bid system and results are 3-10x traditional parking or geo redirects. US RPMs are up to $200 for high quality web traffic! With over 1,000 campaigns buying traffic daily, there is no shortage of buyers!!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back