IT.COM

information Domain Valuation article and live Hangout with famous domainers

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Joe Styler

Aftermarket Product ManagerTop Member
GoDaddy Staff
Impact
If you want to get a good general grasp on why names are worth what they are worth I just posted a blog article on putting names into general "value buckets" http://no_url_shorteners/dvalue

If you are interested in some expert domainers sharing what makes names valuable tune in on September 22nd 10 am PDT to hear me and more importantly Ammar Kubba and Page Howe share what makes names valuable. http://no_url_shorteners/domainvalu to sign up to watch. It will also be archived.

It is an honor to have both guests that day. Ammar is a well known domain entrepreneur who has successfully started several domain related businesses for domainers, some no doubt you have used yourself, such as agreed.com, trafficz, and aftermarket.com to name a few.

Page Howe is a long time expert domain investor and legend who consistently picks correct values on names in contests such as the ones on domain sherpa, a frequent conference speaker, and currently works with the .la registry promoting the domain for the Los Angeles community and beyond.

If you would like to submit a domain or two (please limit the submissions to a couple domains a person) email us at [email protected] before Sept 20th. We will be selecting several names for them to value live on the hangout.

If you cant make it live check it out on the youtube archive after the event.

Feel free to share it with anyone you think would benefit and ask any questions you might have. I am trying to help build content that is helpful for domain investors so if you have any comments or feedback to help me please let me know.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thanks Joe.

I'll be there!

-Omar

•••
Thanks. Feel free to submit names to be evaluated to [email protected] by the 20th for a chance to get them looked at by Page and Ammar.

•••
Just wanted to remind everyone the google hangout will be tomorrow 1 pm Eastern. Thanks for everyone who submitted domains for us to evaluate. See you then!

•••
Hi Joe

can you provide youtube link of the seminar

•••
Hey Joe.

Same as above, is their a playback link?

-Omar

•••
I guess this is the video..

•••
•••
Just watched the show. Great stuff.

Thanks for putting it all together and asking great questions. Learned a lot.

Looking forward to more in the future!

-Omar

•••
@Joe Styler - Probably not the right thread but didn't want to start a new one. Maybe you could start a GoDaddy Suggestion/Problem thread and have it all in one place. Something minor.

I usually have everything at GD set to Make Offer. If I want to change it to something else I can click the edit link under Asking Price and change it to either:

Offer Counter Offer with Buy Now

Buy Now

but there is no option to change if from there to 7-day auction. In the past I usually had to delete the listing and start it over again.

There is Express Edit which I just tried where you can change it to 7-day auction but it didn't seem to take, maybe it will after some more time and I didn't see an option where I can pick the ending time. If I start fresh, I can do all that.

I would like to be able to do the bold above, change it to 7-day auction from that link. Thanks.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back