Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 31, 2026.

Domain typos 101

SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

Fleege

Established Member
Impact
21
After reading Daniels fantastic post on domain typos
http://www.namepros.com/showthread.php?t=100747

I got more appreciation and respect for the typo domain business AND I even got so inspired that I registered 2 interesting typo domains myself. (never thought I would do that)

A couple typo newbie questions:

1) THEY DO involve a brand name and quite successful US site. Should I or should I not do who.is "protection"

2) What is the worst case scenario: have to let them go, get sued or what?

3) To park I assume is a lot less liability factor than to build a mini site..

I sure look forward to let them lose and what kind of type intraffci they get.

If they work I will start to look more into typo domains.

Any other tips for a typo domain newbie?
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
Fleege said:
1) THEY DO involve a brand name and quite successful US site. Should I or should I not do who.is "protection"

This only delays the inevitable if they come after you.

Fleege said:
2) What is the worst case scenario: have to let them go, get sued or what?

If they come after you, the best case is a slap on the wrist and you cancel or transfer the domain. I'm not sure what the worst case is, but I imagine it would be a combination of UDRP, and suing to recover their fees, loss of potential business, damage to their reputation, etc.


Fleege said:
3) To park I assume is a lot less liability factor than to build a mini site..

Both show that you're trying to profit in "bad faith". But I would agree that parking is the lesser liability.
 
0
•••
CatchedCatched

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back