Watch

Sophia Alice

Brandsiro TeamTop Member
Impact
Hi

I have never transferred a domain early before renewal

was trying to transfer some today which are set to expire in September

The provider says

When you transfer a domain early .. the remaining days don't count ...It is 1 year from the day you ordered the transfer

so it will be today date next year

is that normal with all providers?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I've never seen that happen before...the renewal date should be the same. I only use Epik, Godaddy or Namesilo (used register and netsol in the past).

•••
•••
•••
It has to be someone new or maybe they had too many things going on...maybe someone from @Epik.com will come in here and offer an opinion of what is happening...I am pretty sure the rules are the same for all registrars.

I just cancelled my idea bec of that...was about to transfer 20 domains to them :)

•••
I just cancelled my idea bec of that...was about to transfer 20 domains to them :)

Which Registrar? If you use NameSilo auctions, they don't lock the domain after you win expiring auction and they renew the domain on your behalf. It's a PITA because you have to keep track of when the 45 day wait is before you can transfer the domain. I've had three which I just transferred without getting 1 year added for the transfer. I would much prefer they locked the domain until it could be transferred with 1 year added at the recieving Registrar. @namesilo

•••
planethoster .. they had 1$ promo on transfers

•••
I've never seen that happen before...the renewal date should be the same

•••
planethoster.com is a completely messy, misleading and unprofessional company, who are not willing to rectify their mistakes after clear email communication it and making their customer suffer for weeks...

Some of their customer/ commercial service staff:

Kevin
Charles
Sebastian
Christian
Sylvain
Nick
Amine
Mina

ZERO coordination, completely untrustworthy, highly disappointed service. Don't deal with them. I waisted 2 weeks and still suffering...

Anybody needs proof, please don't hesitate to drop me a message....

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back