IT.COM

strategy Domain Traffic Metrics

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Yuveer

Established Member
Impact
Hi All!

New to Domaining and this forum so please forgive me if anything seems absurd. I was just wondering on what should be taken into consideration before purchasing a domain.

From my research there are some key factors that should be taken into account as listed below:
  • TLD
  • Popularity and Traffic
  • Keywords
  • Brandability
  • Spelling
  • Length
My question is more directed towards the popularity and traffic of a domain. Which metrics should be valued? Again, I believe the following seems to be the most telling:
  • Backlinks
  • Domain Authority
  • Page Authority
  • Alexa Traffic Rank
Am I missing anything or am I completely way off the ball?

Also, I would appreciate it if anyone could share the sites they use to determine these factors for their domains. Ideally free options would be suited for me as a beginner, however, if there's a service that offers all at a reasonable fee, I will happily pay.

Lastly, I just purchased my first domain ratemyvenue[.]com and would be interested to know what you seasoned experts think it's worth. I'm a designer and marketer by trade and so I'm going to brand it and create a landing page in the hope it bumps up its value.

Many thanks!

S

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
keep reading your doing great for a first post already learning.

•••
if there's a service that offers all

Hi

the best service, is to serve yourself to the free info, which can be found by using the "search feature"

you want to know about traffic, then just enter a question or subject and read thru the threads.

Good Luck!

imo...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back