Domain Empire

Domain spam with snailmail?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Wilfredo

Internet EntrepreneurEstablished Member
Impact
Just me or have other people got letter home with like spam to renew their domains at some bogus registrar?

Have gotten like 5 :D

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Very famous scam!

I seem to remember "Domain Registry of America" sending out well-worded letters making you think you have to renew with them - a very expensive way!

I have received mail from them, and I live in the UK. Its truely a widespread scam.

What 'company' sent your letter, cmos?

•••
Rob said:
Very famous scam!

I seem to remember "Domain Registry of America" sending out well-worded letters making you think you have to renew with them - a very expensive way!

I have received mail from them, and I live in the UK. Its truely a widespread scam.

What 'company' sent your letter, cmos?
lol us sending to uk

•••
The same, sent to me in Sweden.
It is a UK based company ;D But the letter comes from the phillipeans and is called "Domain Registry of America" and is based in the UK :D

•••
Domain Registry of America -- they sure are spending a lot of money on stamps these days!

•••
i've gotten about 4-5 of them, as well as letters telling me to advertise with different companies as well ( 2 of them i got were for a domain i didnt even own)

•••
Dont think they pay for the stamps, they are probably fake in some way.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back