Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 31, 2026.

question Domain software question

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

hookbox

Top Member
Impact
4,608
Is there some type of software where I can input a list of names and then refine that list by removing numbers, dashes, etc.....and specify a certain length.

I like looking at the newly registered names list but numbers, dashes and names over a certain length I want to eliminate from the list.

I'm not sure what it would be called but I would appreciate the help if possible.

If you can think of a better title for this post I'm open to suggestions.
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
maybe a stupid question but,
have you tried using excel? (or any spreadsheet for that matter)
 
0
•••
I'll see what I can whip up tomorrow and post it here
 
0
•••
It's quite feasible with excel, but I do that with MSAccess (much more powerful for database management). Any RDBMS is fine too.
 
0
•••
I think he means by removing, to filter the domains with dash and numbers. I'm not that good with excel but I'm not so sure it can be done with it.
 
0
•••
with excel but I'm not so sure it can be done with it

Indeed, you'll have a very hard time to manipulate the 400k daily expired domains from pool.com in excel (it's possible but requires a lot of tricks).

BTW, there exists a good number of sites that do that for you - expireddomains.net is one of the best for example.
 
1
•••
guys, excel does that easily

you can use plain filter, autofilter and, if you know your stuff, visual basic

By using VB, I get a list of half a mil domains which get filtered in like seconds using multiple filters... out of 100+ different metrics.
Out of those half mil domains, excel gives me around 10k for me to do research on... all that in a few seconds

I do love excel and it shows :)
 
1
•••
I have a tool like this for my own needs (Windows OS). I guess I can send you a copy (free). But...it's not for public distribution.
 
1
•••
AIVikingsAIVikings

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back