NameLot

Domain Sales - is it the economy? The market?

Labeled as discuss in Domain Selling and Domain Sales, started by ThatNameGuy, Jul 7, 2020

Replies:
Views:

1. ThatNameGuy

ThatNameGuy Restricted (15-30%) Gold Account

Thanks Otis, and to think this idea evolved when I accidentally went to the website War.com. I've since talked to a few more of my contacts in the domain industry to help for there's no way I could pull this off on my own.

Now back to developing and monetizing single malt whisky ie, Scotch:xf.wink:

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. Mytz.com

Mytz.com Top 4L Seller IEIE.com CUTU.com KKIK.com HRAD.com VIP Gold Account

The stock market is unstable,
    Or the domain name depends on a point

3. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Top Member NameTalent VIP Gold Account Trusted Blogger

First of all, congratulations on the $1399 and $500 sales @ThatNameGuy! Fantastic news!

With respect to the original post content, I am quite uncertain re the stock market and global economy in general. The stock market is a tale of two sides. The huge tech giants have had a great run. Almost everyone else is still down substantially, hence why Nasdaq high but not Dow Jones. I think, in pandemic times, some feel that tech is the safe place. But stock markets can be fickle. I hope I am wrong, but I worry a lot about future years in stock market.

Domains, I continue to see both positive and negative. No doubt things are up for certain types of names. Overall, less sure, but agree the optimists do have data supporting their stand. I probably have more confidence in the future of the domain market than the overall business and stock markets, but that is not a strong endorsement!

I also wanted to comment on this....
    Not just Amazon, but the vast majority of startups burn through cash for years without making a profit. And yes the majority don't ever find profitability and eventually go out of business. But some, the Amazons and Zooms of the world, eventually move to highly profitable phase. I think sometimes we expect something different in those starting out in domains, but why should we? I think, as long as one has discipline and a business plan and are working on getting better educated, most domainers will find more success in years 3+ than in the first couple. Those who manage to break even in the first year or two are doing well in my opinion.

Congrats once more, @ThatNameGuy (y)- very happy for you!

Bob

Last edited: Jul 10, 2020
  4. otismo

otismo Established Member

there are many chinks in my armor

they do me right - they do me proud

they are Geniuses - I collect them...

5. otismo

otismo Established Member

war - hoo - good GOD y'all, what does it STAND FOR

W - A - R

White Americans Rule

come on, we can do better than that...

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
biix
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice