NameSilo

Domain Sales - is it the economy? The market?

Labeled as discuss in Domain Selling and Domain Sales, started by ThatNameGuy, Jul 7, 2020

Replies:
Views:

1. ThatNameGuy

ThatNameGuy Restricted (33% DM) Gold Account

Thanks Otis, and to think this idea evolved when I accidentally went to the website War.com. I've since talked to a few more of my contacts in the domain industry to help for there's no way I could pull this off on my own.

Now back to developing and monetizing single malt whisky ie, Scotch:xf.wink:

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. Mytz.com

Mytz.com Top 4L [email protected] IEIE.com CUTU.com NESU.com KKIK.com VIP Gold Account

The stock market is unstable,
    Or the domain name depends on a point

3. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Top Member NameTalent VIP Gold Account Trusted Blogger

First of all, congratulations on the $1399 and $500 sales @ThatNameGuy! Fantastic news!

With respect to the original post content, I am quite uncertain re the stock market and global economy in general. The stock market is a tale of two sides. The huge tech giants have had a great run. Almost everyone else is still down substantially, hence why Nasdaq high but not Dow Jones. I think, in pandemic times, some feel that tech is the safe place. But stock markets can be fickle. I hope I am wrong, but I worry a lot about future years in stock market.

Domains, I continue to see both positive and negative. No doubt things are up for certain types of names. Overall, less sure, but agree the optimists do have data supporting their stand. I probably have more confidence in the future of the domain market than the overall business and stock markets, but that is not a strong endorsement!

I also wanted to comment on this....
    Not just Amazon, but the vast majority of startups burn through cash for years without making a profit. And yes the majority don't ever find profitability and eventually go out of business. But some, the Amazons and Zooms of the world, eventually move to highly profitable phase. I think sometimes we expect something different in those starting out in domains, but why should we? I think, as long as one has discipline and a business plan and are working on getting better educated, most domainers will find more success in years 3+ than in the first couple. Those who manage to break even in the first year or two are doing well in my opinion.

Congrats once more, @ThatNameGuy (y)- very happy for you!

Bob

Last edited: Jul 10, 2020
  4. otismo

otismo Established Member

there are many chinks in my armor

they do me right - they do me proud

they are Geniuses - I collect them...

5. otismo

otismo Established Member

war - hoo - good GOD y'all, what does it STAND FOR

W - A - R

White Americans Rule

come on, we can do better than that...

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
biix
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice