Dynadot

question Domain Registration copyright

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Waqas Buttar

Impact
Is it OK if we register a domain by adding some prefix with a registered trademark.
Like IELTS is registered trademark and can we register domain I.e. learningIELTS, IELTShelpingmaterial,, studyIELTSathome. etc.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Is it OK if we register a domain by adding some prefix with a registered trademark.
Like IELTS is registered trademark and can we register domain I.e. learningIELTS, IELTShelpingmaterial,, studyIELTSathome. etc.

Some trademarks are stronger than others. Some are local, some are international. You should be careful not to cause confusion with the public that you are the TM holder or have their permission to use the TM. Even then I think the TM could still demand the name from you.

Last edited:
•••
It depends on what your domain is used for. Have a look at nike.co.uk.

•••
If you're in an entirely different sector, generally its ok. If you're in the same sector, making minor adjustments to the name ...dancing with the devil. Be wary ...speak with a legal professional

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
If you're in an entirely different sector, generally its ok. If you're in the same sector, making minor adjustments to the name ...dancing with the devil. Be wary ...speak with a legal professional
Thank you

•••
You know, you can literally Google the words "IELTS domain dispute" and get this result:

"The disputed domain names <toeflielts.com>, <toeic-toefl-ielts.com> and <toeictutor.com> are registered with Name.com LLC."
Thank you sir

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back