Is it OK if we register a domain by adding some prefix with a registered trademark.
Like IELTS is registered trademark and can we register domain I.e. learningIELTS, IELTShelpingmaterial,, studyIELTSathome. etc.
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Is it OK if we register a domain by adding some prefix with a registered trademark.
Like IELTS is registered trademark and can we register domain I.e. learningIELTS, IELTShelpingmaterial,, studyIELTSathome. etc.
Some trademarks are stronger than others. Some are local, some are international. You should be careful not to cause confusion with the public that you are the TM holder or have their permission to use the TM. Even then I think the TM could still demand the name from you.
If you're in an entirely different sector, generally its ok. If you're in the same sector, making minor adjustments to the name ...dancing with the devil. Be wary ...speak with a legal professional
If you're in an entirely different sector, generally its ok. If you're in the same sector, making minor adjustments to the name ...dancing with the devil. Be wary ...speak with a legal professional