Dynadot

question Domain receiving traffic on Google Analytics but not showing the domain name

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

myfavorite

Top Member
Impact
Hello everyone,

I have been observing traffic count on Google analytics but the domain name in concerned is not showing.

I have tried severally to identify it but no success yet. I suspect I pointed the nameservers to Dan but omitted listing it there.

Can any one please advise on how to identify the particular domain?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have been observing traffic count on Google analytics but the domain name in concerned is not showing.

I have tried severally to identify it but no success yet. I suspect I pointed the nameservers to Dan but omitted listing it there.

Can any one please advise on how to identify the particular domain?
It's probably this bug below, that I've recently reported to @DAN.COM Support (cc: @LaszloSchenk here).

Suggestion / bug report: after deleting a domain from portfolio, the Google Analytics ID is still in the source. When visiting the page, the visit is shown in Google Analytics. Suggestion: remove the Google Analytics ID when a domain is removed from a portfolio.

Last edited:
•••
The challenge is to identify the particular domain involved.

•••
The challenge is to identify the particular domain involved.
Exactly, and you won't find out, I guess. In my case, I get these visits (without showing the domain in GA) for sold/removed domains that have their nameservers still pointing to DAN. The DAN page shows that the domain is no longer available, and at the same time you see a visit to an unknown domain in GA. Hope you can test this for your situation, to see if it's the same problem.

•••
It's the same with yours.

I dropped a lot of domains and sold some. So it will definitely not be easy to identify the particular domain involved.

It's just that the particular domain got over a 1000 visits today.

•••
It's the same with yours.

I dropped a lot of domains and sold some. So it will definitely not be easy to identify the particular domain involved.

It's just that the particular domain got over a 1000 visits today.
1000 views in one day on one name ? Wow. I'm intrigued, what kind of keyword gets that kind of views in one day ?

Last edited:
•••
1000 views in one day on one name ? Wow. I'm intrigued, what kind of keyword gets that kind of views in one day ?
That's why I'm eager to see if I can identify the particular domain.

•••
That's what I was referring to.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220517-200940~2.png
    Screenshot_20220517-200940~2.png
    57.4 KB · Views: 54
•••
Most likely bots

And you may try go to Acquisition then Hostname. To view the name

Last edited:
•••
If you follow this way, it may work for you (try to connect from desktop)

Reports
Behavior/​
Site Contact/​
All Pages​
And than click to "Page Title", You will see all your domains​
Screen Shot 2022-05-18 at 3.32.55 PM.png

•••
If you follow this way, it may work for you (try to connect from desktop)

Reports
Behavior/​
Site Contact/​
All Pages​
And than click to "Page Title", You will see all your domains​
However, the page DAN is showing for sold/removed domains doesn't include the domain name in the page title any longer.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
When I look at my GA, it shows a a few names but also a high number of /embed, what does this mean please

•••
When I look at my GA, it shows a a few names but also a high number of /embed, what does this mean please

if you select "page title" as your primary dimension, you will see the domain names.

•••
•••
This is normal, I think,
If you don't feel at ease, you can make a page yourself,
Then install statistics on this page,
Then check whether there is any difference between Dan and Dan using Dan

•••
I'm getting hundreds of views a day but the majority come from only 4 cities. Boardman, Columbus, Ashburn, and Vancouver. How can I tell if they are human or bots ?

•••
Back