Dynadot

interviews Domain Real Estate and Long-Tail Domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

News

Hand-picked NewsTop Member
Impact
Ryan: A highly successful SEO mastermind and friend of mine recommended that I create a business name using searchable keyword terms. He said the benefits to naming a business using searchable keywords was three fold. 1) It would be a boost to my SEO rankings. 2) It would be easy to remember. 3) It would make it easier for people to contact me. It was a good thing I heeded this simple, yet sound advice.
A generic or generalized business name is not necessarily a bad thing if someone is looking to build a national brand. However it is much more difficult to build on the national level. For example, it’s much easier to start a business on a local or region specific level and expand organically over time. I would not expect the same level of success with a generalized name because nobody but yourself is going to know the areas your business serves but you. For example, ChrissyBuysHouses is a bad name. However, ChrissyBuysHousesSouthJersey is fine because at least the domain name has targeted keywords towards a specific region...
Read More

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back