Dynadot

Domain Rascals

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

mole

Insectivora MemberEstablished Member
Impact
I acquire, like many others here I'm sure, much more names through direct email solicitations than through drops. Have you ever emailed someone offering to buy their domains? Have you ever got only rude silence?

I think the co.uk owners are the best. Like true gentlemen, they tend to reply to your emails (if only to say no thank you). Strangely, Americans generally never ever bother to reply. Seeming same with the Germans, maybe they can't understand the English? Is that your experience, or just probability of the draw?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I rarely, solicit names directly from owners via email, but am considering moving more in that direction.
On the flip side of your question, I have missed 2-3 possibile sales this year due to mistakenly allowing my SPAM filter to process the email before removing filters, and losing the email/address' w/ name inquiries, because they were deleted from my server. My feeling was, that if they were making more than a casual inquiry, they would have followed up, but who knows?

•••
I do it every once in a while. Almost every email is a no response. If I do happen to get one back - their asking price is way to high.
I very rarely do it, however. It is easier to just wait for it to expire and not contact them.....so they think there is no value or not wanted anyway.

•••
Only tried twice to inquire about purchasing names that I NEED for my business.

Domain 1 - After an inquiry through the legal department at Dotster for incorrect Who-Is info, I got a call the the owners attorney. Wanted $XX,XXX; Not a chance in HE**.

Domain 2 - The owner is in Puerto Rico and has not responded to email or voice mail. I've been trying for a just over a year. Has no website attached to it; not even parked, but he keeps renewing it... Was actually contemplating using the Network Solutions service to solicit it, but have yet to do that. (If anybody has success obtaining names please PM me)

Just my two cents for the afternoon... :wave:

•••
One of my original sites, (my first), was allowed to drop by a relative who was managing it. The name is not a strong search term, and was special only to me. Moniker picked it up and is using it, along w/ other subject related names w/ better search words, as a directory for ad revenue. After 3 emails w/o a reply, including $ offers, as well as trades for better related keyword terms, I gave up.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back