Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

SELMimo

Established Member
Impact
Hello guys,

I got my first lead through afternic.
They asked me to put a price on it.
Could you please advise how to know the potential buyer? I don't know how to price it?

Thanks for your help,
Sohaib,

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hello guys,

Could you please advise how to know the potential buyer? I don't know how to price it?

Thanks for your help,
Sohaib,
Congrats! Do you have a bin on the domain or just make offer? We can't really help guide you on price without knowing the domain.

•••
Congrats! Do you have a bin on the domain or just make offer? We can't really help guide you on price without knowing the domain.
Thanks man ! Only Make Offer.
Name is related to the ai copilot industry.
Is there any way to know the potential buyer? cause afternic didn't share any info about him

•••
No, there is no way to know who the potential buyer from Afternic is. Also, why would you want it? If a customer came from Afternic - respect their efforts and pay commissions (should the sale ever take place), whether you like it or not. It's Afternic who got you the lead after all.

Now, what you might do in the future is use a lander page where the name is cheaper than Afternic's listing, then there is a chance buyer comes directly to you, and you pay whatever landing page fee is only. However, I had cases when buyers still hit BIN at Afternic, regardless of the cheaper option on lander. It's just many people feel comfortbale buying from Afternic/GoDaddy, because these are huge reputable sellers.

On a price point - exactly as mentioned already - impossible to say something without knowing the name.

Good luck!

•••
No, there is no way to know who the potential buyer from Afternic is. Also, why would you want it? If a customer came from Afternic - respect their efforts and pay commissions (should the sale ever take place), whether you like it or not. It's Afternic who got you the lead after all.

Now, what you might do in the future is use a lander page where the name is cheaper than Afternic's listing, then there is a chance buyer comes directly to you, and you pay whatever landing page fee is only. However, I had cases when buyers still hit BIN at Afternic, regardless of the cheaper option on lander. It's just many people feel comfortbale buying from Afternic/GoDaddy, because these are huge reputable sellers.

On a price point - exactly as mentioned already - impossible to say something without knowing the name.

Good luck!
I think I wasn't clear enough. I would like to know more about the buyer in order to price correctly. For instance If the buyer is Microsoft to price it accordingly. I don't intend to contact the buyer directly.

•••
Thanks man ! Only Make Offer.
Name is related to the ai copilot industry.
Is there any way to know the potential buyer? cause afternic didn't share any info about him
Dan will share that info but not Afternic in my experience. You can always start googling the keyword and see if you can locate the potential buyer. That's tough to do though.. What is the godaddy estimated value of the domain?

Last edited:
•••
Buyer doesn’t matter. Ya old days we would find their names, address and scope them out on google earth.
Got a pool, price goes up.
Put a price on it and 🙏

•••
Dan will share that info but not Afternic in my experience. You can always start googling the keyword and see if you can locate the potential buyer. That's tough to do though.. What is the godaddy estimated value of the domain?
I found one but I'm not sure. Either way I will put a price as I see fit. Thanks

•••
Don't get greedy and lust for sums of money that you MAY get in some far away land. Especially if it was a hand reg.

I have over 60 Ai(word) .com and (word)Ai .com and I feel that they have a reasonable price of selling for around the 10k mark which is not the top end but also not giving them away.

Why would they spend 5 X what I'm offering them for when they might just decide to make do with one of my names. If it is an investor looking to buy one of my names there is plenty of meat left on the bone which creates a win win situation.

Don't shoot for the moon when a star will do.

Good luck with your negotiations.

Rgrds,

Reddstagg

•••
Don't get greedy and lust for sums of money that you MAY get in some far away land. Especially if it was a hand reg.

I have over 60 Ai(word) .com and (word)Ai .com and I feel that they have a reasonable price of selling for around the 10k mark which is not the top end but also not giving them away.

Why would they spend 5 X what I'm offering them for when they might just decide to make do with one of my names. If it is an investor looking to buy one of my names there is plenty of meat left on the bone which creates a win win situation.

Don't shoot for the moon when a star will do.

Good luck with your negotiations.

Rgrds,

Reddstagg
Thanks Reddstagg for your message. You're right I should not be greedy.

•••
Hello guys,

Thanks for your help,
Sohaib,
If you would tell us your domain name, we could better advise you.

•••
You can always start googling the keyword
Indeed, The googling of the exact domain wording In quotes " ***** " should be your first port of call along with other extensions taken checks. Just in case one resolves.

Of course we all like to think it's Apple or Microsoft on the end-of- of the line But I can assure you they are as tight as ass-***** When it comes to offering up cash. I've dealt with both. Give me a bog-standard business entity anyday

Last edited:
•••
Just another point of note when dealing with large Corporations. Even when you have an agreement on price, Don't expect them to pull the trigger on an escrow payment any time soon. Rarely is a domain a must-have for them, They're happy to just keep you in the consideration stage for months. The long timeframe and nature of their Roll-outs means the final name used is always under consideration

Last edited:
•••
Just another point of note when dealing with large Corporations. Even when you think you have an agreement on price, Don't expect them to pull the trigger on an escrow payment any time soon. Rarely is a domain a must-have for them, They're happy to just keep you in the consideration stage for months. The large timeframe and nature of their Role-outs means the final name used is always under consideration
I really appreciate your feedback. Thanks 👍
Sure, I will keep that in mind.
What I did was that I put a price on the name and I haven't heard from the buyer since. I'll give it time and see.

Sohaib

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back