NameSilo

Domain parking

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

PoorDoggie

Soon to be RICHdoggie!VIP Member
Impact
Hi.
I have a few questions milling around that I need to ask about domain parking...

1. What use is having a domain name without hosting, apart from to sell later?
2. If you purchase a domain name what is displayed when you visit it? Is it just a blank screen, or is there a message or something?

And thats really it... Thanks in advance!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
i think it goes to page cannot be displayed.
With hosting it comes up with folders.
Domain parking is where you can park your domain whilst selling it or when its not in use.
Im kinda new aswell but i think thats right

•••
Thanks for the reply, I want to know why anyone would want to do this? why would you buy a domain? You can't develop it, so it would just sit there and eventually expire. Obviosly you could sell it, is that the only reason for domain parking?

Thanks

•••
Domain Parking is not just the "parking page" that shows up on GoDaddy or other registrars when you first register a domain. Those pages make GoDaddy money, not you.

What domain parking does is when you have a domain name that you aren't using as a hosted site, you can direct to any parking company, and then they pay you for the traffic. (More explanation at http://www.parkingprimer.com , site under development now but if anyone out there is a writer and wants a low paying job, let me know by PM ;) ).

-Allan

•••
IAmAllanShore said:
Domain Parking is not just the "parking page" that shows up on GoDaddy or other registrars when you first register a domain. Those pages make GoDaddy money, not you.

What domain parking does is when you have a domain name that you aren't using as a hosted site, you can direct to any parking company, and then they pay you for the traffic. (More explanation at http://www.parkingprimer.com , site under development now but if anyone out there is a writer and wants a low paying job, let me know by PM ;) ).

-Allan
Well said :)

•••
he he.. Thanks everyone! :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back