Dynadot

Domain order deadlines on SN are useless!

NameSilo
Watch
What is the purpose of having a "Order by" deadline, when the domains keep lingering around in the domain lists for hours after the deadline?

On SN it's possible to backorder domains long after the "order by" deadline has passed. One of our backorders went from 2 bids to 18 bids hours after the deadline had passed. I know SN is just interested in making money, but if they want to appear anything close to trustworthy, maybe they should stick to the deadlines that have been set.

That being said, NJ atleast removes the domains once the deadline has passed, so we'll use them more from now on.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
SN and NJ is one of the same and you need to understand how things work.

Go to SN, pre-order a name, and within a minute you will see a new bidder (you on that same name on NJ)

On NJ when you look at the list of bidders, all those that start with SN means that they placed their order on SN.

SN and NJ cutoff times might be different.

On NJ, a lot of bids are placed via their API and domainers like to place the bid seconds before the deadline so few people see it.

•••
SN and NJ is one of the same and you need to understand how things work.

Go to SN, pre-order a name, and within a minute you will see a new bidder (you on that same name on NJ)

On NJ when you look at the list of bidders, all those that start with SN means that they placed their order on SN.

SN and NJ cutoff times might be different.

On NJ, a lot of bids are placed via their API and domainers like to place the bid seconds before the deadline so few people see it.
I know how SN and NJ work, but what's frustrating is that SN leaves the domains available long AFTER the pre-release deadline has passed.
The pre-order deadlines are usually the same on NJ and SN, but while NJ removes the domain as soon as the deadline has passed, SN leaves the domain "hanging" for several hours just in case any more people want to pre-order the domain. That's what I was referring to when I said that SN doesn't exactly appear trustworthy when they leave domains available for pre-order many hours after the pre-order deadline has passed.

•••
Back