IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Robbie

RobbiesBlog.comTop Member
Impact
Virgin Group owns over 3000+ Domain Names, The company founded by Billionaire Richard Branson mainly licenses the Virgin name so most are defensive but interesting to see if you see any other gems in the portfolio.

http://robbiesblog.com/domain-names-owned-by-virgin-group/7758

Top 5 Domain Names Owned by Virgin Group Ltd
  1. Virgin.com
  2. FlyV.com
  3. BornDifferent.com
  4. CancerCover.com
  5. disruptornetwork.com

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
flyv.com
flyvirgin.com
necker.com
virginwireless.com
virgin.com

wow, a few to choose from, but half of it looks like a german list with all the hyphens. lol. :)

•••
Total Names 3258
Breakdown by extension:

2370 -- com
488 -- net
208 -- us
91 -- ca
61 -- cn
14 -- jp
6 -- sg
5 -- fr
2 -- kr
2 -- il
2 -- biz
1 -- pt
1 -- pe
1 -- om
1 -- ly
1 -- kiwi
1 -- fi
1 -- de
1 -- cat
1 -- at

(no 2L or 3L)

Number of 4L: 4
Names:
flyv.com
flyv.net
flyv.us
vgac.us

•••
Total Names 3258
Breakdown by extension:

2370 -- com
488 -- net
208 -- us
91 -- ca
61 -- cn
14 -- jp
6 -- sg
5 -- fr
2 -- kr
2 -- il
2 -- biz
1 -- pt
1 -- pe
1 -- om
1 -- ly
1 -- kiwi
1 -- fi
1 -- de
1 -- cat
1 -- at

(no 2L or 3L)

Names:
flyv.com
flyv.net
flyv.us
vgac.us

Thanks for the breakdown

•••
Just a feedback... I am seeing the listed names very small. You could increase the font size a pair of numbers... no need to make them so small. (y)
And maybe make the list with 2 or 3 columns (names) per row, so you will use the space better and the list won't be so long down.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Virgin Group owns over 3000+ Domain Names, The company founded by Billionaire Richard Branson mainly licenses the Virgin name so most are defensive but interesting to see if you see any other gems in the portfolio.

http://robbiesblog.com/domain-names-owned-by-virgin-group/7758

Top 5 Domain Names Owned by Virgin Group Ltd
  1. Virgin.com
  2. FlyV.com
  3. BornDifferent.com
  4. CancerCover.com
  5. disruptornetwork.com
Thanks for sharing... good to see the kind of names owned by Virgin:)

•••
Total Names 3258
Breakdown by extension:

2370 -- com
488 -- net
208 -- us
91 -- ca
61 -- cn
14 -- jp
6 -- sg
5 -- fr
2 -- kr
2 -- il
2 -- biz
1 -- pt
1 -- pe
1 -- om
1 -- ly
1 -- kiwi
1 -- fi
1 -- de
1 -- cat
1 -- at

(no 2L or 3L)

Names:
flyv.com
flyv.net
flyv.us
vgac.us

For sure Virgin has a lot more additional names than what is shared in the blog..

Per example they do own names such as Virg.in and Virg.co . Both are 4L names.. :)

•••
Just a feedback... I am seeing the listed names very small. You could increase the font size a pair of numbers... no need to make them so small. (y)
And maybe make the list with 2 or 3 columns (names) per row, so you will use the space better and the list won't be so long down.

LOL we're showing our age ;)

I'm constantly changing reading glasses and screen-sizes to read online copy.

Thankfully modern screens are big and high-resolution. I couldn't imagine going back to a 640x480 256-colour screen like I was using back in the '90's.

•••
LOL we're showing our age ;)

I'm constantly changing reading glasses and screen-sizes to read online copy.

Thankfully modern screens are big and high-resolution. I couldn't imagine going back to a 640x480 256-colour screen like I was using back in the '90's.
Noooo :xf.grin: It's not about age... the font size of the domain list is at least 2 points lower than the font size of the text of the article... and in Firefox it reads even smaller. :xf.smile:

•••
Noooo :xf.grin: It's not about age... the font size of the domain list is at least 2 points lower than the font size of the text of the article... and in Firefox it reads even smaller. :xf.smile:

If you ever see a page online with small text (and you are on windows) you could hold down the control key (ctrl) key and use the wheel of the mouse to make the text on the page bigger. Chrome for example will remember the size you wish and with one click you could go back to the regular size.

The issue with giant lists on webpages is that you try to make the page not too long to scroll and the only option is either smaller fonts or use these dynamic loaders that load text as you scroll. I prefer the way Robbie has it now that it loads all at once.

Last edited:
•••
If you ever see a page online with small text (and you are on windows) you could hold down the control key (ctrl) key and use the wheel of the mouse to make the text on the page bigger. Chrome for example will remember the size you wish and with one click you could go back to the regular size.

The issue with giant lists on webpages is that you try to make the page not too long to scroll and the only option is either smaller fonts or use these dynamic loaders that load text as you scroll. I prefer the way Robbie has it now that it loads all at once.
Yes I know. Or instead of control key plus touching the wheel of the mouse, you can crtl + to make text bigger, and crtl - to make it smaller.
I would prefer to see the list at the same size as the article text, than see it at a size that it's difficult to read.
In fact, looking again at the list, I see that each row is way higher than the font size. I mean, you can increase the font size 3 points and still fit in the same row height.
I just think that some people at first sight seeing that small text list would just not read it at all.
And not everybody is aware of the ctrl + feature, to increase all the page font size.
In my opinion, of course.

Last edited:
•••
1140-magnifying-glass-computer.imgcache.rev.web.1100.627.jpg

I actually purchased a huge magnifying glass this week.

I've never understood why packaged microwave meals have cooking instructions written for ants.

@Robbie there's nothing wrong with your site - it's my eyes ;)

Last edited:
•••
1140-magnifying-glass-computer.imgcache.rev.web.1100.627.jpg

I actually purchased a huge magnifying glass this week.

I've never understand why packaged microwave meals have cooking instructions written for ants.

@Robbie there's nothing wrong with your site - it's my eyes ;)
:xf.grin::xf.grin::xf.grin:
I didn't say that's something wrong. I just said my feedback, just intending to improve the site, but just giving my opinion.
Of course Robbie will do what he thinks is better. And if he feels the font size of the domain list is already fine for the user experience, then he just doesn't have to change nothing (y)

•••
:xf.grin::xf.grin::xf.grin:
I didn't say that's something wrong. I just said my feedback, just intending to improve the site, but just giving my opinion.
Of course Robbie will do what he thinks is better. And if he feels the font size of the domain list is already fine for the user experience, then he just doesn't have to change nothing (y)

LOL, I know you didn't :)

But I need to visit virgineye-wear.com

•••
Throws one of the best Xmas parties i ever went to never thought for a moment anyone was at a work function as a vibe.

Last edited:
•••
at least you can distinguish the font size...I didnot feel any difference at all...are they smaller? well, I am talking age things...

Last edited:
•••
•••
They sure own a lot of virgin domains lol. Wonder what they got necker.com for

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back