Domain Empire

Domain name transfer from Moniker to GoDaddy. Help pls

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
I have started transfer process of a domain name from Moniker to Godaddy. All the steps completed except last step which is necessary by loosing registrar acceptance. My godaddy CP says..

The transfer is waiting for the customer to accept it at the losing registrar. If the customer does not accept the transfer at the losing registrar within 5 days, the transfer will be accepted automatically.

Normally other registrar there will be a menu "Outgoing Transfers" or similar where we can authorize outgoing transfer. In moniker I can not find where I should accept the transfer.

If any one know any clue please let me know..

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Recently, I transferred out a domain from Moniker to Godaddy. AFAIK, there's no such option. After 5 days domain transfer will be initiated.

•••
If any one know any clue please let me know..

In moniker, you don't need to authorize anything, only need to get auth code. Under manage domains, select domain name you want to transfer then click on Transfer-Out link on left side, then it will send authorization code to your admin email address.

After initiating transfer through, godaddy sends trans id and security id to your mail. Enter those along with authorization code send by moniker in godaddy domain transfer then transfer will complete within next 5 days.

•••
omg!! will it take 5 days then? Do I have problem then? My domain is expiring in next 2 days. What shall I do?

•••
omg!! will it take 5 days then? Do I have problem then? My domain is expiring in next 2 days. What shall I do?

you won't able to transfer without renewing the domain, but domain will get additional 1 year plus in case you have not yet complete the authorization steps.

•••
you won't able to transfer without renewing the domain, but domain will get additional 1 year plus in case you have not yet complete the authorization steps.

I have completed authorization steps. Authentication Code also provided. Even domain is accepted from loosing registrar or not, I will get the domain in 5 days it says. Now I am confused.

•••
When you start a transfer it automatically renews the name as far as the registry is concerned so you shouldn't have any problems. This is what Moniker and GD have told me in a conversations some time back and I haven't had any problems transferring soon to expire names.
This is not to say it is this way with all registrars but my experiences with these 2 have had no issues....

If your name was expired at the time you tried to transfer it probably would have been rejected

•••
When you start a transfer it automatically renews the name as far as the registry is concerned so you shouldn't have any problems. This is what Moniker and GD have told me in a conversations some time back and I haven't had any problems transferring soon to expire names.
This is not to say it is this way with all registrars but my experiences with these 2 have had no issues....

If your name was expired at the time you tried to transfer it probably would have been rejected

Thanks Jaydub, Any way I will put a ticket with Godaddy so that I can know the fact.
:loveyou::loveyou:

•••

The transfer has been started. It, assuming it's a gTLD, such as .COM, .NET, .ORG, etc, will transfer...

Unless Moniker purposedly NAKs (denies) the transfer.

If Moniker does NAK it, complain both here and to ICANN.

In regards to speeding up the transfer - Moniker has a rep here - ask them to ACK (approve) it right away ... ~Bari [email protected] ICQ: 241012875

Speed of transfer out is among the criteria one should consider when choosing a registrar.

As for registrars, fast transfer out may reduce renewal revenue a bit, but it can save them a bundle in support costs; many trouble tickets regard transfer issues.

Ron

•••
Thank you for the reply Domagon, I sent a mail to Bari. Also I contacted Godady customer support and recieved reply from them as follow
Thank you for contacting Online Support. Since the transfer has already been authorized there will be no issue with moving the domain name into your account with us.

•••
•••
Since you have already started the transfer I don't think it would be a problem. The doman will be transferred after 5 days. I think most of registrars has this 5 day thing. Directi has it.

•••
Since you have already started the transfer I don't think it would be a problem. The doman will be transferred after 5 days. I think most of registrars has this 5 day thing. Directi has it.

Problem is that his domain expires in about 1 day. Moniker may be setup to auto-NAK (deny) pending transfer outs of expired domains - if that happens, the OP will have problems.

There's no reason for transfer outs of gTLDs (.com, .net, org, etc) to take 5-6 days when all the losing registrar needs to do is ACK (approve) it and it's done - many registrars, including GoDaddy, upon request, will ACK transfer outs to expedite the process.

Ron

•••
^ at GoDaddy customers can do that self, without contacting support.

•••
In some other registrars I have worked with, they will have a menu similar "outgoing transfer", Once we accept the request from it, domain will be transfered within 5 minutes. Moniker is missing that.

•••
Yeah, several registrars either offer an option in their CP or email you a link to help speed up outgoing transfers, but it seems Moniker isn't one of them. Not too long ago, there was a thread discussing which ones do and which ones don't.

•••
Thanks everyone.

The transferring process has been completed smoothly.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back