IT.COM

question Domain name LOCKED FOR DISPUTES but I never use them, why?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

richard beaulac

Impact
I just found out that few domains I own are locked for disputes.

I have no idea why they are lock for disputes as I never been notified AND I never used them so I do not .
Just own them into my account.

The URDP rules (iii) has been registered and is being used in bad faith do not apply!
Is this correct???

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
How can anyone help without more info? lol

•••
How can anyone help without more info? lol

The domain name are all related to PADI with different extensions.
I don't have any info about the complaint yet, but I just wonder if we owned a domain names and never use them, how a corporation can files to get the name even if the state trademark? Should they not buy them from a registrar or now for this case, from mysel as i buy them from godaddy?

•••
I can't understand the gibberish you wrote but I'm sure someone else will chime in soon.

•••
Without a domain it is hard to help.

It could be a UDRP, it could be a court order, it could be a glitch. There is no way to know without more info.

Brad

•••
I see padi(dot)international

Is this the domain you are speaking of?

It seems fine.

Last edited:
•••
Without a domain it is hard to help.

It could be a UDRP, it could be a court order, it could be a glitch. There is no way to know without more info.

Brad

Just got this at the minutes :
I see padi(dot)international

Is this the domain you are speaking of?

yes one of them ... that one, is redirected on my world divers, this was not suppose :(
no idea when it was done, because they got back from urdp before padi(dot)world but plenty other domain I have are padi(dot)asia, padi(dot)today, etc... are just park in my account, how they can request them to be transfer to them if i never used them?

i also have padi(dot)blog which i use to post about the dive industry news.

•••
They are very strick in filling URDP, here are some name which got transferred to them,

padimail.com
padimail.net
padimail.org
padipro.com
padipro.net
padipro.org
padipros.com
padipros.net
padipros.org
padisearch.com
padisearch.net
padisearch.org

•••
If you get a properly lodged cease and desist via your host/registrar related to trademark or copyright (UDRP or DMCA) and you do not respond then your domain will be locked or your website or that portion of your website which is at issue shut down by your host or registrar until you respond, address the violation such as by removing the offending material, or otherwise address the claim.

I assume in this case that you failed to respond. When you fail to respond within the time limit your choices of action can become more limited, and of course whatever remedy the claimant is asking for is more or less granted via a sort of equitable relief - your domain is locked, your website hidden from display, etc. There are also certain time limits, statutory or implied, for the cease and desist notice itself. Meaning - that you need to be quick to respond but they also need to be quick to object to whatever you have going on that they don’t like.

All of this, I mean - your not responding, is the equivalent, so to speak, of being sued, served and yet not showing up in court, which can result in default judgment / default equitable relief against you. If all of this had to do with more than just the online action, and had to do with a court action, then the domains would probably already be transferred over via court order.

Last edited:
•••
PADI.PRO (2017) - company from Mexico...
And no problems there.

•••
According to WIPO there are over 50 PADI trademarks registered world wide. Some of these registered trademarks are more than 17 years old. I'd say that somebody doesn't want you to use that name.

•••
•••
•••
PADI is a registered trademark and is related to Diving. Your registration AND usage of these domains for purposes related to diving is a definite infringement of their trademark rights and potentially bad faith usage. You need a very good lawyer and even that might not help

Edit: Main PADI website - https://www.padi.com/

Last edited:
•••
Even if the domain are just park under my account and not used?

•••
•••
Yes. Do not reg TM domains and you'll be fine.
So why padi.pro is not an issue?
Also , why people buy domains names to put into auctions? Make no sense to have auctions if they can just complaint to URDP and get it back that way!
Please correct me if I am wrong as I am new at that.

•••
Even if the domain are just park under my account and not used?

Parking domains (implying ads are displayed on domain visits) can be considered bad faith depending the ads displayed. Please consult a IP lawyer. IANAL and not everything is cut and dried.

•••
Perhaps they did not notice it.

Also , why people buy domains names to put into auctions? Make no sense to have auctions if they can just complaint to URDP and get it back that way!
Not every domain is subject to UDRP or can be. Read more about UDRP, IP laws and TMs. The answer to your question is quite long and requires a lot of explanation.

•••
•••
Just got this at the minutes :

yes one of them ... that one, is redirected on my world divers, this was not suppose :(
no idea when it was done, because they got back from urdp before padi(dot)world but plenty other domain I have are padi(dot)asia, padi(dot)today, etc... are just park in my account, how they can request them to be transfer to them if i never used them?

i also have padi(dot)blog which i use to post about the dive industry news.

:( that is probably the reason why they UDRPed you. You were clearly targeting them by linking the domains with diving related stuff. Big No-No

•••
Why did you register multiple extensions of the same trademarked name? Sounds like you knew what you were buying.

It’s amazing to me how cavalier people can be about registering names that have this kind of troublesome potential. I have cancelled names I bought after the fact after visiting TESS that had a small chance of being a liability.

I guess everyone has different risk taking thresholds when it comes to this stuff.

•••

Is this a serious question? Really?

Quite obviously, padi.pro is registered and used by a company named Proyectos, Automatización y Desarrollo de Ingenierías S.A. de C.V.. It's the acronym of their own name, and has nothing to do with diving.

Just as obviously, if one person has registered:

divepadi.world
divepadiworld.com
padi.asia
padi.blog
padi.international
padi.news
padi.store
padi.today
padici.com

...to a registrant named "ScubaDive Vietnam", then it is pretty clear that their "padi" names were registered because that person knows full well that PADI is a mark for scuba diving certification. I mean, duh, there's no apparent reason for someone to register "divepadi.world" unless they were thinking about the PADI mark for dive certification.

It's pretty clear that if "ScubaDive Vietnam" has anything to do with scuba diving, then they've heard of PADI. I don't dive, but even I know that the entire main POINT of the "PADI" mark is to signify that the instructor or diver has met PADI standards for their level of qualification.

As far as "not being used", it is again - bleedingly obvious - that the names are parked with ad links that have to do with scuba diving.

Are you SERIOUSLY asking what the difference is between those two situations?

Given that PADI is a worldwide well-known mark for scuba dive certification, you actually cannot grasp the difference between (a) a name like "divepadi.world" registered as part of a pattern to what purports to be a dive operator and displaying ads for scuba diving; and (b) a name like padi.pro being used by a company whose initials are padi, and who have nothing whatsoever to do with scuba diving?

Some days...

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back