IT.COM

Domain Name Investors Are Loosing Language Skills

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Business Brands

Knowledge is PowerRestricted (Market)
Impact
Hello.

Please be advised, we are witnessing a loss of language skills among domain name investors.

Utilization of nonexistent words such as "troll", "chip", "blockbuster" and others are detrimental to professional communications.

Kind regards.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I strongly disagree. There are many trolls here. CHIPs are real and people made a lot of money with them. Blockbuster sales help the industry in general.

•••
Well said creataweb.
The loss of language skills, i agree
You spelled losing wrong in your title
Usually experienced investors can spell.
We think you are partly correct

•••
yes, we are loosing language skills along with pro0freading skills * punctuation skills as well! But I not so sure how many notice.
We think Merriam Google has much to do with professional communication being trolled like blockbuster CHIP's were no matter how detrimental that is for those who weren't in on it.

•••
yes, we are loosing language skills along with pro0freading skills * punctuation skills as well! But I not so sure how many notice.
We think Merriam Google has much to do with professional communication being trolled like blockbuster CHIP's were no matter how detrimental that is for those who weren't in on it.
Well said. I salute you!

•••
•••
We reported all rude responses.

•••
Hello.

Please be advised, we are witnessing a loss of language skills among domain name investors.

Utilization
of nonexistent words such as "troll", "chip", "blockbuster" and others are detrimental to professional communications.

Kind regards.

I generally appreciate your / everyone's efforts to remind to a professional usage of our language skills - but please be advised that all your mentioned words are indeed existent:

troll
https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/troll

chip
https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/chip

blockbuster
https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/blockbuster

Last edited:
•••
We disagree with literacy of these words.

•••
•••
These are not literate words.

•••
•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
You are being off point.
I don't see the off point here (becasue there is no off point here), it's a thread and the essence of a thread is that it brings related questions to the light.

So, again, would you consider "web" also as a literate word?

•••
We cherish literate language.

•••
•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
There is only one literate vocabulary, do not pretend like there are nonexistent words in it.

•••
•••
Literate vocabulary is centuries old. Linguists form it.

•••
People, who dilute literate vocabulary on this forum are doing a considerable disservice to domain name investment community.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back