Domain Empire

Domain Name Investors Are Loosing Language Skills

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Business Brands

Knowledge is PowerRestricted (Market)
Impact
Hello.

Please be advised, we are witnessing a loss of language skills among domain name investors.

Utilization of nonexistent words such as "troll", "chip", "blockbuster" and others are detrimental to professional communications.

Kind regards.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
donotfeedtrolls.jpeg

•••
Well said creataweb.
The loss of language skills, i agree
You spelled losing wrong in your title
Usually experienced investors can spell.
We think you are partly correct

•••
yes, we are loosing language skills along with pro0freading skills * punctuation skills as well! But I not so sure how many notice.
We think Merriam Google has much to do with professional communication being trolled like blockbuster CHIP's were no matter how detrimental that is for those who weren't in on it.

•••
I strongly disagree. There are many trolls here. CHIPs are real and people made a lot of money with them. Blockbuster sales help the industry in general.

•••
Also people that are not royal but referring to themselves in plural.

How stupid are people.. Right?

•••
himmi arsch und zwirn
Huh? Цирк с конями :)

May I ask the thread starter to do all members a favor and also report his original post to mods? :)
So they will delete the whole thread. Will be better for all

•••
Quick question - are these threads you're making helping your brokering sales threads?

Perhaps he hasn’t yet grasped the difference between laughing with him, and laughing at him.

•••
yes, we are loosing language skills along with pro0freading skills * punctuation skills as well! But I not so sure how many notice.
We think Merriam Google has much to do with professional communication being trolled like blockbuster CHIP's were no matter how detrimental that is for those who weren't in on it.
Well said. I salute you!

•••
•••
Just wanted to check in and say I still don't agree OP.

Quick question - are these threads you're making helping your brokering sales threads?
His threads are filled with endless bumps, something tells me DomainNameBroker is not going to be the household brand once intended, layoffs could be coming soon for the #WE crowd.

•••
@ OP - if you don't like the words than don't use them - i'm not sure what you get out these outrageous claims and point of views you have.

If you are looking to self promote why not pick a subject that doesn't shed bad light on you.

should we not use these words and terms too

Google (spelled wrong)
Brandable (not really a word)

•••
It is hilarious that someone who doesn't know the difference between losing and loosing is posting a thread on this topic. Or, as Grump would say, Sad!

Okay so since you are poking fun at us, I will respond in kind. No offense intended, just the facks Ma'am!

This DomainNameBroker.com 's diction is pure fustian. Phony intellectual.

I mean look at that sentence:

"Utilization of nonexistent words such as 'troll', 'chip', 'blockbuster' and others are detrimental to professional communications."

Who writes like that? What century are we in? Passive voice? Obviously someone educated, most likely, self educated, just enough to think that he has to speak in a certain way to be considered erudite. Henry Higgins would have a field day analyzing this guy.

Better, more direct:

It's not professional to use made up words such as troll, chip and blockbuster.

The phrase "such as" already implies that there are others. No need to say "and others."

By the way, the phrase "utilization of nonexistent words" is singular, so it should be "is" detrimental not "are." The prepositional phrase "of nonexistent words" is not the subject, the word "utilization" is.

And punctuation marks such as commas go INSIDE the quotation marks, not outside, so it should be "troll," "chip," not "troll", "chip",

Last edited:
•••
Please be advised, we are loosing our interest in witnessing a loss of relevant content and topics by your firm. We feel you should create new domain vocabulary words since you believe you are a linguistic expert. We shall remain illiterate and cherish that you might be responsible to teach us to be of better service and domain community professionals.

•••
I still disagree OP. Obviously English is not your native Language.

•••
Obviously English is not your native Language
Indeed, this explains a lot. I also do not speak English natively, so I never tried to teach others how to use English words...

•••
"We can not find a constructive conversation possible with these aggression and inadequacy by posters."

Hmm. More rodomontade, but besides that..."cannot" is one word. Don't use can not when you mean cannot. Cannot means an inability to do something

"with these aggression and inadequacy" - those are two nouns, singular. These is plural. Did you mean aggressions and inadequacies, plural, or did you mean with these acts of aggression and inadequacy.

Which, what does it mean "with these inadequacy" - that's a sentence fragment, doesn't make sense.

Brother, your grammar is terrible. So is your diction. Please stop making a fool of yourself. Stopette!
http://www.cosmeticsandskin.com/ded/stopette.php

Last edited:
•••
OP objects to trolling, but appears to be a troll himself. How else may we explain his threads? such as this one.

Or is he just here to provide comic relief.

Sadly, his grammar and diction are poor in all of his posts / threads so, ostensibly, he's not acting!

Last edited:
•••
•••
Hello.

Please be advised, we are witnessing a loss of language skills among domain name investors.

Utilization
of nonexistent words such as "troll", "chip", "blockbuster" and others are detrimental to professional communications.

Kind regards.

I generally appreciate your / everyone's efforts to remind to a professional usage of our language skills - but please be advised that all your mentioned words are indeed existent:

troll
https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/troll

chip
https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/chip

blockbuster
https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/blockbuster

Last edited:
•••
We disagree with literacy of these words.

•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
Hello.

Utilization of nonexistent words such as "troll", "chip", "blockbuster" and others are detrimental to professional communications.

Kind regards.

R U serious? "Please be advised, we are witnessing a loss of language skills" from you when you say words that exist, do not.

Assuming you meant existing words that take on a new meaning...........

Words such as down, right, left, present, cell, and pen all started out with one meaning and then became words with multiple meanings. We've been, according to your way of thinking, "witnessing a loss of language skills" for centuries - a long time before domain name investors ever existed.

•••
would did you expect with your original post?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back