NameSilo

Domain Name Buy Now on Multiple Sites?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

zenmushin

NamePros MemberEstablished Member
Impact
I am considering the purchase of a domain name that is available on many of the auction websites (GoDaddy, Sedo, BuyDomains). I have a couple of questions...

1. If I "buy now" on one site, and someone else does a "buy now" on another site at the same time, which site is the person obligated to sell to?
  2. In other words, is there one site that strictly enforces the sale of a domain especially if the payment has been made?
  3. Can a seller back out of a "buy now"?

Thanks for any ideas or advice.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
1) it is highly unlikely you will get a simultaneous buy it now sale
2) the only way I did get in trouble with buy it now when I did sell domain elsewhere or dropped it and did not remove it in all sites, then did get buy it now sale. In those (rare) cases, explaining that I don't have the domain anymore has always worked for me

yes, "make offer" is safer this way since you always can decline it upon finding out that you dont have it anymore

•••
have not tried it, but I assume you will get refund or be asked to wait in the queue if the other site started the transaction first.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back