IT.COM

discuss Domain Myths and Lies

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ThatNameGuy

Top Member
Impact
I'd like to start this thread with the statement I hear so often from "so called" professionals in the domain industry, "All the Good Domains, especially the .coms are already taken"

This couldn't be further from the truth:xf.confused: Having started, operated and yes NAMED dozens of businesses in my lifetime, I know better. Regardless of the business you're looking to start, chances are I can find or locate a name that's more than satisfactory to run/operate your business within an hour. Seriously, naming a business isn't rocket science, but to listen to those who make a living from the domain industry, they would like for you to think it is:xf.rolleyes:

Having discovered this industry just a little over two years ago, I've hand registered a couple thousand names of which I still own a little over a thousand of which 80% are more than satisfactory for running a business.

Other myths to discuss;

"Shorter is better"

"Older is better"

"New gTLD's are garbage"

Please feel free to chime in. Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Here we go...where JBLions says that you told him directly that there was no sale of any domains and you told him it was some kind of joint venture investment that had to do with creating a business not straight sale of a domain.

If you like I’ll find your post in your own words when I called you out and stated that this wasn’t an arm’s length actual sale and you admitted as much.

In any case, now you say that you sold a domain for $100.? If so, I stand corrected - you have sold a domain! Was that cash or against club membership fees and in any case how does that as you put it “more than” cover acquisition costs and renewal fees on a couple thousand domains?
I directly asked him before. He did mention he had a couple of friends invest $10,000, those amounts above in the quote equal $10,000. I mean really - SexSea.Realty for $2,500. Does that look like a real sale?

So I think they gave him 10K after he gave his spiel about new gtlds, they believed him, gave him 10K to invest, he gave them those 4 domains and put them at 2.5 k each in return.

And Epik, that's where he said he buys his domains from.

And Domain Originator is a horrible name. Buy and sell domains, domain investor (what was posted already) explains it just fine, makes sense.

Then this from the other thread:

"I'm also looking at business lawyers from around the country, and advertising firms to help me sell domains. And similar to the real estate broker and salesperson split, it would be 30 -40% for the salesperson and 60-70% for me. This might not make sense to you MapleDots, but it makes perfect sense to me."

What? These are 1,500 hand regs, no sales, no inbound inquiries, 1,200 he said he might drop. So somebody out there is going to spend time trying to sell hand regs?

Last edited:
•••
Here’s where you admitted less than two weeks ago that you haven’t made any landing pages or listed your domains for sale in marketplaces:
Well it hasn't been years XYNames, but you're right in that I haven't developed or outsourced my domains YET for showcasing to the public.
And here is where you admitted that whatever you referred to wasn’t a straight sale but, as I stated and you admitted to JBLions, some kind of joint venture investment over a business:
https://www.namepros.com/threads/tr...tion-justify-ntld.1085650/page-2#post-6759680
srrvq43l.jpg

Last edited:
•••
Here’s where you admitted less than two weeks ago that you haven’t made any landing pages or listed your domains for sale in marketplaces:

And here is where you admitted that whatever you referred to wasn’t a straight sale but, as I stated and you admitted to JBLions, some kind of joint venture investment over a business:
https://www.namepros.com/threads/tr...tion-justify-ntld.1085650/page-2#post-6759680

srrvq43l.jpg
So you're a lawyer aren't you? You really haven't a CLUE what I have or haven't sold? Speculate all you want, but you KNOW NOTHING!!! So please STOP your LYING, STALKING and HARASSING, and you can tell your friends the same. Do YOU UNDERSTAND?

•••
Here we go...where JBLions says that you told him directly that there was no sale of any domains and you told him it was some kind of joint venture investment that had to do with creating a business not straight sale of a domain.

If you like I’ll find your post in your own words when I called you out and stated that this wasn’t an arm’s length actual sale and you admitted as much.

In any case, now you say that you sold a domain for $100.? If so, I stand corrected - you have sold a domain! Was that cash or against club membership fees and in any case how does that as you put it “more than” cover acquisition costs and renewal fees on a couple thousand domains?
So who gave you permission to DICTATE to me when and to who I should report my domain sales to? As a lawyer you should never assume anything...didn't you learn that in law school? Now kindly leave me alone:xf.rolleyes:

•••
So who gave you permission to DICTATE to me when and to who I should report my domain sales to? As a lawyer you should never assume anything...didn't you learn that in law school? Now kindly leave me alone:xf.rolleyes:

I'm gona ignore you for a while

just wanted to make sure a newbie won't think you have a clue

•••
I'm gona ignore you for a while

just wanted to make sure a newbie won't think you have a clue
It's about time Frank...that's the smartest thing I've ever seen you do(y)

•••
It’s definitely not a myth that shorter is better as far as domain names go. Most customers will pick a short catchy name any day over some long winded garbage that nobody will remember. Actually everything you mentioned is not a myth as far as how soon you can expect an actual sale. People especially domainers with large pockets are more likely to pay up for a name that wasn’t registered 5 minutes ago.

I am a big fan of hand reg, regging drops etc but these usually have potential (like all names) and aren’t likely to sell tomorrow. If your goal is to sell names anytime soon at least half of your names should have some age behind them.

Are there exceptions? Sure. First mid 4 figure name I sold was exactly 60 days old. There are exceptions in breakout trends CBD Crypto are two recent ones. If someone gets great names of a possible trend and that trend explodes their payday might come very soon.

For all other regular trends a long wait is much more likely. Honestly you sound like a collector to me. Otherwise you would pick at least some valuable names to buy and sell now instead of just tooting your own horn about the “potential” of your names. Your goal should be to sell ASAP—not declare how brilliant you are with nothing to back it up. Time is not on anyone’s side who is more than oh maybe 30. If you aren’t in this to actually make money in the here and now you are a collector.
So let me ask you this...as you've obviously read here, but doubt my veracity here are two names of businesses I started, operated and NAMED years ago.

One of the first businesses I started in 1973 that's still in business today was originally Credit Control Corporation, and there were times that we referred to yourselves as "CCC" Theoretically,
domain lore would say that I should have registered the domain ccc.com...right? Is that what you would have done? Even though I sold the business in 1988, about the time the first domain names came on the market, the company that I use to own now uses the domain CredControl.com...check it out if you don't believe me. Then go to CreditControl.com and you'll find another company owns that name today. In this instance, the better of the three names ccc.com, CredControl.com and CreditControl.com is without question the name I bolded despite CredControl and CCC being shorter. If you need for me to explain it to you I will, but you would need to know a little more about this than I know.

Second case, I use to own another business InQuisitor Investigations for which I owned the domain InQuisitorInvestigations.com which was known to be one of the best names for a licensed private investigations company in the industry. So do you think I might have changed the domain for my business to II.com just because it was shorter:xf.rolleyes:

Granted there are times when shorter is better, but if you take this industry for example, other than you or maybe me, what the heck does UDRP or ICANN.org stand for? I can understand if you're branded as IBM why you might want to use that instead of International Business Machines, but these companies or organizations rebranding and buying domains using their initials have lost their sense of purpose imho:xf.wink: Besides, i think you might have difficulty trademarking initials?

•••
There is only one myth in domaining: "more domains means more sales" and I think you believe in that!

More domains ≠ more sales if you have collected garbage domains.
More domains = more sales if you have collected decent domains.

Even if you sell some garbage domains you sell small percentage < 0.01% and at low prices that will never cover small portion of your renewals.
There is only one myth in domaining: "more domains means more sales" and I think you believe in that!

More domains ≠ more sales if you have collected garbage domains.
More domains = more sales if you have collected decent domains.

Even if you sell some garbage domains you sell small percentage < 0.01% and at low prices that will never cover small portion of your renewals.
"There is only one myth in domaining: "more domains means more sales" and I think you believe in that!"
Obviously you haven't been paying attention:xf.rolleyes: First, I never said that, and I can only assume you must have heard it that "rumor" from some of my critics. If you read my first post here, you'll see where my portfolio consists of just 1,200 domains down from 2000. Did you read that? Please don't spread untruths like that about me. Thank you for your cooperation(y)

•••
One of the first businesses I started in 1973 that's still in business today was originally Credit Control Corporation, and there were times that we referred to yourselves as "CCC" Theoretically, domain lore would say that I should have registered the domain ccc.com...right? Is that what you would have done? Even though I sold the business in 1988, about the time the first domain names came on the market, the company that I use to own now uses the domain CredControl.com...check it out if you don't believe me. Then go to CreditControl.com and you'll find another company owns that name today. In this instance, the better of the three names ccc.com, CredControl.com and CreditControl.com is without question the name I bolded despite CredControl and CCC being shorter.
Rich, I believe @karmaco was looking at it from the standpoint of a domain investor, whereas you're looking at it from the point of view of an owner of a specific business.

From your point of view, I agree - CreditControl is better. It's clear, meaningful, and conveys a sense of authority and trust regarding the services being offered.

From the point of view of a domain investor - three letter domains are typically more valuable than two word domains as a general rule. As liquid assets, they can be sold for higher values to other investors, and on average I believe they also sell for higher values to end users (although I have not yet done the research myself to confirm this).

So context is very important here.

•••
@ThatNameGuy may contribute the absolute least value, conceivable, to the NP community in his hundreds of posts. I truly try and look for some good, real intention, a desire to learn... But he shows none, nothing, not one worthwhile contribution to this community.

Well I take that back. It has shown that NP members, who respect this industry & the real opportunity to people, stand up united to make sure this type of misinformation is called out, lies are exposed, & the potential damage to (new to the industry) investors is limited. With the THOUSANDS of post he makes - his profile can look aged/important - luckily he remains restricted, almost always - his lies sound convincing if you dont know.

Last edited:
•••
"All the Good Domains, especially the .coms are already taken" - this can never be true till the human race exists. New niches come up and develop each month, giving way to new set of available domain names.

•••
Omg, this thread is so informative... what comes next?
Looking to learn from experts about those domain myths and lies! :glasses:

•••
"All the Good Domains, especially the .coms are already taken" - this can never be true till the human race exists. New niches come up and develop each month, giving way to new set of available domain names.
Thanks manpreet, and I'm pleased to meet you. I just checked out your site GoDomaing.com and I really like what I see. I actually carved out a new niche today having to do with "ThinkBig" and "BigThink". I know I can't go into any detail here, but there are lots of domains like BigThinkMedia.com and ThinkBigMedia.com that are available to register.

I was having lunch with a friend and recently retired marketing professor from ODU today, when I had an opportunity to tell him how this industry goes about selling domains. Bottom line he couldn't believe that a domainer would buy a domain like ThinkBigMedia or BigThinkMedia for $8.50 then list them with the likes of Sedo, Afternic, Uniregitry, Flippa or Undeveloped and hope and pray they sell 1-2% of the listed domains each year.....he thought I was kidding:xf.eek: Once he learned I wasn't, we explored industry targeted outbound marketing via things like email, phone sales and trade shows all of which are right up my alley(y)

Anyway manpreet. You seem pretty savvy and maybe we should get to know each other. Enjoy your weekend.

Last edited:
•••
Thanks manpreet, and I'm please to meet you. I just checked out your site GoDomaing.com and I really like what I see. I actually carved out a new niche today having to do with "ThinkBig" and "Big Think". I know I can't go into any detail here, but there are lots of domains like BigThinkMedia.com and ThinkBigMedia.com that are available to register.

I was having lunch with a friend and recently retired marketing professor from ODU today, when I had an opportunity to tell him how this industry goes about selling domains. Bottom line he couldn't believe that a domainer would buy a domain like ThinkBigMedia or BigThinkMedia for $8.50 then list them with the likes of Sedo, Afternic, Uniregitry, Flippa or Undeveloped and hope and pray they sell 1-2% of the listed domains each year.....he thought I was kidding:xf.eek: Once he learned I wasn't, we explored industry targeted outbound marketing via things like email, phone sales and trade shows all of which are right up my alley(y)

Anyway manpreet. You seem pretty savvy and maybe we should get to know each other. Enjoy your weekend.

Retired marketing professor - yet another person clueless about the industry.

Did you also mention in 2 years, you haven't listed your names at the various marketplaces or even setup proper landing pages so people can actually contact you to make an offer? Stuff newbies should pick up during month 1.

•••
•••
You spoke to someone who knows nothing about this industry and lo and behold they didn't understand it

How many names do you have now @ThatNameGuy ? It must be in the 1000s If they all don't have a landing pages, how are you marketing them all? The time it would take to just market 1 name via phone calls, emails and trade shows would be counter productive - ask domain brokers about making phone calls or even people like myself who have spent most of they working life selling on the phone and see how "easy" it is, ask people on here who make a good living from emailing prospects how much work they put into it and then multiply that into the 1000s - it is not as easy as you are trying to make out...

You talk a good game, but all we see on here is talk and no results.

I know people who talk like you and act this way BUT they back it up with proven results because......

"“Talk without the support of action means nothing.”

"Talk is cheap"

“Ordinary People Promise To Do More. Extraordinary People Just Do More.”

etc etc etc

Last edited:
•••
Did you also mention in 2 years, you haven't listed your names at the various marketplaces or even setup proper landing pages so people can actually contact you to make an offer? Stuff newbies should pick up during month 1.

Some people just haven't got the time, What with all the New Ideas and concepts, Meetings, and Discussions they have taking place. Plus you do get to avoid that reality check - that nobody is even viewing your domains let alone making any offers :facepalm:

•••
•••
You spoke to someone who knows nothing about this industry and lo and behold they didn't understand it

How many names do you have now @ThatNameGuy ? It must be in the 1000s If they all don't have a landing pages, how are you marketing them all? The time it would take to just market 1 name via phone calls, emails and trade shows would be counter productive - ask domain brokers about making phone calls or even people like myself who have spent most of they working life selling on the phone and see how "easy" it is, ask people on here who make a good living from emailing prospects how much work they put into it and then multiply that into the 1000s - it is not as easy as you are trying to make out...

You talk a good game, but all we see on here is talk and no results.

I know people who talk like you and act this way BUT they back it up with proven results because......

"“Talk without the support of action means nothing.”

"Talk is cheap"

“Ordinary People Promise To Do More. Extraordinary People Just Do More.”

etc etc etc
You seem awfully bitter MrAcidic, but if the shoe fits:xf.wink: The gentlemen I lunched with today has way more marketing experience than you or I will ever have. So, what does that have to do with the time of day?....Alot! Regardless of what you've been told or how you've been brainwashed, marketing or selling of domains isn't that much different than selling anything. Mike G. was quick to pick up on Verisigns "hoarding" comments from a year ago, and he totally understood the comment when he learned that 98% of domains are not sold each year. Lets take for example, you were kind enough to share on your information link that BusinessMortgages.com is not only your favorite domain, but you also consider it your most valuable domain. I don't know how long you've owned it, but I see where it has a landing page at Sedo, and they're asking $12,000 for it if I recall. Maybe the vernacular is different in the UK than the US, but in the US we call them Business Loans and not Business Mortgages. That said, most businesses in the US don't own their own building/property but maybe it's different in the UK? Furthermore, from my research on Namebio your beloved Domain is at least 20 years old meaning someone has hoarded it for all that long.

If it were me or even my new friend who you believe knows nothing about selling domains, I can assure you we wouldn't have bought your domain and sat on it for 20 years. My recommendation to you is to try and be a little more open minded, and the same goes for your friend from the UK who seems to take the same approach as you.

Finally, I could probably help you to sell it, but not here in the states because we don't do many what your refer to as business mortgages. If I'm not making sense to you, I would recommend you get off my case, and look into a different line of work. Also remember, while we may all speak English, this doesn't mean we do business the same way....sometimes our business understanding is as different as night and day. Cheers! and Good Luck!

•••
Nope... Can easily be done.
I'm not so sure how easily it can be done? I've trademarked four, now five names with the last one being 9Time™. I'm far from an expert, and I'm sure you've had a lot more experience. I just know I can't trademark IBM, and as a VAR, I sold IBM systems for years:xf.wink:

•••
You seem awfully bitter MrAcidic, but if the shoe fits:xf.wink: The gentlemen I lunched with today has way more marketing experience than you or I will ever have. So, what does that have to do with the time of day?....Alot! Regardless of what you've been told or how you've been brainwashed, marketing or selling of domains isn't that much different than selling anything. Mike G. was quick to pick up on Verisigns "hoarding" comments from a year ago, and he totally understood the comment when he learned that 98% of domains are not sold each year. Lets take for example, you were kind enough to share on your information link that BusinessMortgages.com is not only your favorite domain, but you also consider it your most valuable domain. I don't know how long you've owned it, but I see where it has a landing page at Sedo, and they're asking $12,000 for it if I recall. Maybe the vernacular is different in the UK than the US, but in the US we call them Business Loans and not Business Mortgages. That said, most businesses in the US don't own their own building/property but maybe it's different in the UK? Furthermore, from my research on Namebio your beloved Domain is at least 20 years old meaning someone has hoarded it for all that long.

If it were me or even my new friend who you believe knows nothing about selling domains, I can assure you we wouldn't have bought your domain and sat on it for 20 years. My recommendation to you is to try and be a little more open minded, and the same goes for your friend from the UK who seems to take the same approach as you.

Finally, I could probably help you to sell it, but not here in the states because we don't do many what your refer to as business mortgages. If I'm not making sense to you, I would recommend you get off my case, and look into a different line of work. Also remember, while we may all speak English, this doesn't mean we do business the same way....sometimes our business understanding is as different as night and day. Cheers! and Good Luck!
You do make me chuckle - nothing bitter at my end, it does make for good reading over my morning coffee though.

I have not been been told anything or brainwashed, I do my own research and come to my own conclusions. I raised the point that with your volume of names it would be counter productive going down this route. When you factor in the amount of time, resources and effort required to sell 1 name via outbound sales, marketing or whatever you want to call it then multiply that by a 1000 + it is not going to be worth it...

In the UK a business loan (https://www.businessloans.com) is not a commercial mortgage (http://commercialmortgages.com) both are already in use with BusinessLoan.com not resolving.

If Barclays are happy to use this phrase then it is good enough for me.........

My current favourite name is actually a hand registration, DefiMortgages.com - another finance related name, closely followed by Biura.com (offices in Polish) which was a recent acquisition . Funny how your favourite names change constantly....

The good thing with having a landing page (be it Sedo or any other one) is you can monitor where the traffic is coming from, how many people visit and more importantly get offers on your assets. In short you get to "market" your name for very little effort and no upfront costs (unless you use Efty), imagine that :xf.confused:Just requires a little patience and the willingness to hold onto names that you believe in....

You implied your friend knew nothing about the industry when you first mentioned it to him O_o You had to explain to him how it works, well your version of it anyway.....

Enjoy your weekend

•••
You do make me chuckle - nothing bitter at my end, it does make for good reading over my morning coffee though.

I have not been been told anything or brainwashed, I do my own research and come to my own conclusions. I raised the point that with your volume of names it would be counter productive going down this route. When you factor in the amount of time, resources and effort required to sell 1 name via outbound sales, marketing or whatever you want to call it then multiply that by a 1000 + it is not going to be worth it...

In the UK a business loan (https://www.businessloans.com) is not a commercial mortgage (http://commercialmortgages.com) both are already in use with BusinessLoan.com not resolving.

If Barclays are happy to use this phrase then it is good enough for me.........

My current favourite name is actually a hand registration, DefiMortgages.com - another finance related name, closely followed by Biura.com (offices in Polish) which was a recent acquisition . Funny how your favourite names change constantly....

The good thing with having a landing page (be it Sedo or any other one) is you can monitor where the traffic is coming from, how many people visit and more importantly get offers on your assets. In short you get to "market" your name for very little effort and no upfront costs (unless you use Efty), imagine that :xf.confused:Just requires a little patience and the willingness to hold onto names that you believe in....

You implied your friend knew nothing about the industry when you first mentioned it to him O_o You had to explain to him how it works, well your version of it anyway.....

Enjoy your weekend
"nothing bitter on my end"?....are you saying that with a straight face MrAcidic:xf.smile: It's interesting how we differ with the UK spelling the word "favourite" and the US spelling it "favorite". I was also telling the marketing professor yesterday how I own a portfolio of domains that use the keyword Savor like in SavorManhattan, but I also own domains with the keyword Savour like SavourtheDeep (note, this is available to buy at the moment).

Moving on...is your new favourite domain really DefiMortgages.com? I see where you just hand reg'd that domain in June, and you have it for sale at Sedo for 25K.....Seriously:xf.rolleyes: Again, this must be a UK thing because I doubt any mortgage company in the US would pay you any more than $25 for it. btw, in the neighborhood where I live we have at least a half dozen mortgage brokers who all work for different mortgage companies and I know each and everyone of them because I either workout, golf, fish, dine, and party with them, guys and gals:xf.wink:

Curious, do you still have rotary dial phones in the UK? And are you only capable of sending one email at a time? Here in the US we have what are called predictive dialers that can dial thousands of numbers consecutively, but if that's too confusing for you, we simply have auto dialers where once you finish talking to a particular prospect you just click a key and voila! you have your next prospect on the phone. Then as for email, were you aware you can BLAST thousands of emails at once to a particular target audience like ALL the realtors in the world?

Come on MrAcidic, I'm twice your age, but even I understand automation, and I'm learning about AI, or Artificial Intelligence. I sorta like your avitar/moniker MrAcidic and I just learned that MrAcidic.com is available to register and GD values it at $1,066. I'd buy it for $8.50 to give to you, but you'd just take it as an insultO_o btw, if I did buy it, you can bet I wouldn't rely on Sedo to sell it for me sometime in the next 20+ years. However, you could expect to get an email from me with the name MrAcidic.com prominently displayed. Do you get the concept?

Finally, you and fellow NP critics can doubt me all you want, but like with 9Time™ that will revolutionize golf, my ideas for "outbound" targeted marketing strategies will revolutionize the domain industry. I'm chuckling with you my brother from across the pond, but I'm afraid our chuckles:ROFL: represent entirely different things. Enjoy your weekend, and God Bless Guinness:xf.wink:

Last edited:
•••
"nothing bitter on my end"?....are you saying that with a straight face MrAcidic:xf.smile: It's interesting how we differ with the UK spelling the word "favourite" and the US spelling it "favorite". I was also telling the marketing professor yesterday how I own a portfolio of domains that use the keyword Savor like in SavorManhattan, but I also own domains with the keyword Savour like SavourtheDeep (note, this is available to buy at the moment).

Moving on...is your new favourite domain really DefiMortgages.com? I see where you just hand reg'd that domain in June, and you have it for sale at Sedo for 25K.....Seriously:xf.rolleyes: Again, this must be a UK thing because I doubt any mortgage company in the US would pay you any more than $25 for it. btw, in the neighborhood where I live we have at least a half dozen mortgage brokers who all work for different mortgage companies and I know each and everyone of them because I either workout, golf, fish, dine, and party with them, guys and gals:xf.wink:

Curious, do you still have rotary dial phones in the UK? And are you only capable of sending one email at a time? Here in the US we have what are called predictive dialers that can dial thousands of numbers consecutively, but if that's too confusing for you, we simply have auto dialers where once you finish talking to a particular prospect you just click a key and voila! you have your next prospect on the phone. Then as for email, were you aware you can BLAST thousands of emails at once to a particular target audience like ALL the realtors in the world?

Come on MrAcidic, I'm twice your age, but even I understand automation, and I'm learning about AI, or Artificial Intelligence. I sorta like your avitar/moniker MrAcidic and I just learned that MrAcidic.com is available to register and GD values it at $1,066. I'd buy it for $8.50 to give to you, but you'd just take it as an insultO_o btw, if I did buy it, you can bet I wouldn't rely on Sedo to sell it for me sometime in the next 20+ years. However, you could expect to get an email from me with the name MrAcidic.com prominently displayed. Do you get the concept?

Finally, you and fellow NP critics can doubt me all you want, but like with 9Time™ that will revolutionize golf, my ideas for "outbound" targeted marketing strategies will revolutionize the domain industry. I'm chuckling with you my brother from across the pond, but I'm afraid our chuckles:ROFL: represent entirely different things. Enjoy your weekend, and God Bless Guinness:xf.wink:

•••

You do make me laugh!

Go and do some reading up on Decentralized Finance (American Spelling here!) and then we can talk seriously about Defi.

Auto dialers and mass email shots is spamming - good luck with this model, which pisses off the majority of people

Do you what the conversion rates are for mass emails are? The average click through rate in the States in just under 3% and the average sales conversion is below 1% - compare this with the domain industry average for selling good domains at 1% - 3% I know what I would rather be focusing my attention on - good old fashion landers

No more Guinness for me - I stopped drinking 3 months ago, stopped smoking 2 years ago and have been a miserable bastard every since :xf.wink:

Last edited:
•••
You do make me laugh!

Go and do some reading up on Decentralized Finance (American Spelling here!) and then we can talk seriously about Defi.

Auto dialers and mass email shots is spamming - good luck with this model, which pisses off the majority of people

Do you what the conversion rates are for mass emails are? The average click through rate in the States in just under 3% and the average sales conversion is below 1% - compare this with the domain industry average for selling good domains at 1% - 3% I know what I would rather be focusing my attention on - good old fashion landers

No more Guinness for me - I stopped drinking 3 months ago, stopped smoking 2 years ago and have been a miserable bastard every since :xf.wink:
Well...you've owned BusinessMortgages.com for 20+ years using "good old fashion landers"...how has that worked for you?
Moving on...i'd already read up on Decentralized Finance before I responded to your new favourite domain. At first I thought you meant RefiMortgages that happens to be for sale at GD for $7,900, but when I Googled Defi Mortgages i learned what you know. It took me all of about 60 seconds to learn DefiMortgages could have some possibilites, but 25K at Sedo:xf.eek:

Moving on......i don't think you understand the difference between spamming and strategic targeted marketing. You would probably need to go back to school to learn the difference. I see you're into "finance" and "mortgage domains", and I'm guessing you may own a few? You can ask Marek, the lolwarrior who owns Brands.International out of Prague about me. He knows me, and he also knows I owned about 50 new gTLD's that had the extension .loans like Balloon.loans, SportsCar.loans, and others that were pretty damn good. Marek even recognized that I knew the industry, and I owned some decent names. So what happened?....I was buying them so fast and furious I didn't have time to implement the targeted marketing strategy I had for them. Marek knows this too...while I really liked the new gTLD concept for domains, I knew that time was of the essence, and if I were to succeed I'd need to transition my portfolio of domains from gTLD's to .coms. Well, it took about a year, but mission accomplished. Now my portfolio consists of 80% .coms and 20% gTLD's.

Finally, when Verisign confirmed my thinking about domains being hoarded, I just knew I was on the right track. I'm not saying you or domainers in general "hoard" intentionally, but it's the Nature of the Beast:xf.frown: btw, I know I have a following here on NP because of my outspoken nature, my transparency and willingness to share. I know this as well as I know "outbound" targeted marketing will work, and now that my friend Rob Monster is somehow involved with NP?, I'm hoping he may realize my passion, and maybe he can create a place where some of us can freely discuss and share ideas and strategies for how a brokerage like this might work to the benefit of everyone. And by everyone, I also mean Epik:xf.grin:

•••
Back