IT.COM

Domain Hijacking- should I help prevent it?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Of all the thousands of names I've looked up the whois info for, I finally came across a domain name with the .com version unregistered, but the .biz and .us domains have administrative contact email addresses at the .com. Anyone could register this .com name, set up the e-mail address, and submit a transfer request for the other names, and take them. Should I try to contact this person? It would be hard to considering his e-mail address is not valid and the site is just parked... What do you all think?
Do you see this very often?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It's his issue and not your reponsibility. If his email is invalid it's his loss. Full respect to you for caring, but clearly this guy isn't doing himself any favours either. Just do him a favour and don't register the .com yourself.

•••
Chances are, if he let the .COM expire and drop already, he also intends to let the .BIZ and .US expire.

•••
Yea, I guess he intends to let them expire... they're not great names, but they aren't horrible either. I see one potential buyer with deep pockets..

•••
How long has the .com expired? If it's been a while already, then I guess he intends to let it that way, and you don't have to go out of your way to try to contact him on a nonexistent email address.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back