IT.COM

question Domain exchange for BTC

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi All

I have been approached by a potential buyer looking to buy my domain in exchange for BTC. Has anyone experienced this and how safe is it. Am guessing I would need to have a BTC wallet too?

Any comments will be greatly appreciated

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Sure, just do it here:

https://www.epik.com/services/escrow/

You don't need a BTC wallet unless you want to hold BTC.

Your buyer can pay in BTC but you will both need Epik accounts to complete the transaction. The domain will need to come to Epik.

Regards,
Rob

•••
@Rob Monster , if one didn't have a BTC wallet but wanted to hold the proceeds of a sale in BTC, could Epik accommodate the creation and management of the wallet? Is there an Epik-affiliated ewallet (or whatever they're called) that could be established at the time of sale?

•••
@Rob Monster , if one didn't have a BTC wallet but wanted to hold the proceeds of a sale in BTC, could Epik accommodate the creation and management of the wallet? Is there an Epik-affiliated ewallet (or whatever they're called) that could be established at the time of sale?

Yes, we do this today.

We are working to make this easier for 24/7 self-service, but yes, you can hold a BTC balance as cold storage BTC or you can hold it as active USD account credit.

We have a staffed project that will turn Masterbucks.com into a secure multi-currency (crypto) wallet with cold storage of crypto.

In the meantime, we can and do maintain private crypto ledgers for clients who don't want to hold crypto directly.

Regards,
Rob

•••
Hi All

I have been approached by a potential buyer looking to buy my domain in exchange for BTC. Has anyone experienced this and how safe is it. Am guessing I would need to have a BTC wallet too?

Any comments will be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Are you sure you sure they are a legitimate buyer? Or was something similar to this?
The buyer offers * BTC (Bitcoin). If it's ok let's proceed. You will be paid Bitcoins/Ethereum, wire transfer or Western Union.

The payment to you will be made via escrow service to protect both parties during the transaction.

Do you have a certificate for your domain in English and Japanese? It's required by the buyer and his escrow service. They must be sure your domain has no restrictions or problems with law and trademarks in Japan. He won't proceed without it.
namepros . com/threads/am-i-being-scammed-by-a-fake-domain-broker-and-buyer.1086443/

•••
The buyers that buy with BTC are not the ones to worry about. The ones to worry about are the ones who want to be PAID in BTC. They are the slippery ones. That is why you use a BTC escrow like Epik. We manage the buy and the sell risk as 2 separate transactions and also hold the domain as registrar.

Regards,
Rob

•••
The buyers that buy with BTC are not the ones to worry about. The ones to worry about are the ones who want to be PAID in BTC. They are the slippery ones. That is why you use a BTC escrow like Epik. We manage the buy and the sell risk as 2 separate transactions and also hold the domain as registrar.

Regards,
Rob
Rob - The point I was attempting to make was that the OP may have been contacted by scammer looking to do an appraisal scam, not actually purchase a domain. I don't have enough posts to allow a direct link to the example I quoted. I tried my best to provide enough information so the OP could hopefully piece it together and see if it looks similar to what he has received. I know there have been other similar appraisal scams received by other NP members that also mention BTC as a payment method.

•••
simply open an account at the link below
send them your BTC link after creating it
and wait for the money before sending the auth code

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back