IT.COM

advice BTC/ETH payment?

NameSilo
Watch

Criterion811

CardanoExchange.com - For Sale, PMs WelcomeEstablished Member
Impact
Hi Namepros,

I'm in the process of setting up my website, creating landing pages for each domain etc... I have listed that I will accept PayPal, but I would also like to accept BTC/ETH through a Coinbase wallet. However I'm worried that this may be a red flag for potential buyers, as some people are still wary about using crypto and this may reflect poorly on my site/business? Does anyone have any experience with this?

I guess another question would be, if you do accept BTC/ETH on your domain sales, how often do people actually pay this way and is it worth even bothering?

Thanks in advance!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi @Criterion811 , to be honest, I wouldnt even bother...although BTC/ETH payments are picking up, it is far from mainstream, and as you said it might raise ethical/security concerns.

•••
Thanks Pierre, I think I'll omit it for now. I would like crypto payments in the future though! Hopefully it becomes more well respected.

•••
Are we talking about ethical/reputation concerns that are because many people erroneously associate cryptos with dark market behavior? Or because a typical crypto payment has no innate escrow protection for the buyer?

I'm guessing the former is what is implied in this thread, but maybe both reasons.

Regarding Bitcoin escrow possibilities, I've heard good things about Bitrated_com, although I've never used it myself.

•••
Hi Domain Dude,

Sort of both really. I know that tech-savvy resellers would know the benefits of bitcoin etc. but an end user (depending on the domain of course) may not be so clued-up on BTC and see it as a red flag.

I will check out Bitrated, many thanks!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back