IT.COM

discuss Domain/Email/Website Security...A Must!!!

NameSilo
Watch

Silentptnr

Domains88.comTop Member
Impact
I was surprised (sort of) this morning when I opened my email to find a notification that someone tried to get my password on my website.

Here's what I received:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This email was sent from your website "*****.com" by the Wordfence plugin at Saturday 10th of March 2018 at 01:34:17 AM

The Wordfence administrative URL for this site is: https://www.***.com/wp-admin/admin.php?page=Wordfence
Someone tried to recover the password for user ************ with email address: ***@gmail.com

User IP: 37.144.237.171
User hostname: 37-144-237-171.broadband.corbina.ru
User location: Saratov, Russia
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am sure this happens all the time, so I recommend everyone make sure their security is up to date.

There are forces that are actively trying 24/7 to hack you and steal your things!

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
One of my old emails gets emails daily for password resets. Get on a dump log and people will go crazy trying to get into your accounts.

All my passwords are 12-26+ with numbers symbols, caps, lowercase. All random. Password managers, use them 😊

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back