IT.COM

question Domain Count?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DanBingham

Top Member
Impact
How many domains do you currently have in your domain portfolio?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Around 200, give or take a dozen, at any given time. Used to maintain about twice that but Ive learned that more is not always better (for me)

Last edited:
•••
Around 200, give or take a dozen, at any given time. Used to maintain about twice that but Ive learned that more is not always better (for me)

Are these mainly .com's?

•••
•••
Yes the vast majority are com. Mid 90%. I dabble in others sporadically.

•••
around 800 just been 6 months, and about 60% are coms. then separate lot of xyz top net in info each and few biz, co and club.

Last edited:
•••
Since coming back to domaining 3 months ago I got around 16

•••
I guess that many people have a bigger number of domains is partially because they acquired so many $0.01 xyz domains this summer. I did so. I bought around 800 xyz, cost me $8.

I am pretty sure I ll drop most of them, maybe 95% of them

•••
•••
Last year I had around 400 domains. A lot of them were 5L, 7N or bad hand-regged domains. I sold them very cheap or let them expire.

Now I own 95 domains, only dot coms and half of them are 4L.
I feel much more comfortable with a small portfolio.

•••
•••
I'm down to just over 150 at the moment. Virtually all ,coms

•••
Nearly 700, I am looking forward to get a smaller and more qualitative portfolio in future though.

•••
about 200 but about 25 of these are .coms.

•••
•••
I am down to about 150 now and still decreasing this number. Going to end up with a much smaller portfolio of premium level .com domains

As the OP to this thread, I thought it was only right I divulge mine!

Last edited:
•••
•••
Around 500 excluding junk Chinese speculative domains i'm dropping.
Want to thin this out significantly shortly down to around 200 max is the aim.

•••
I have 20,000 domain names. 0 new gTLDs.

Wow. How can you sleep at night knowing you have $200K in renewals per year ..ahah

•••
That would make it about 55 renewals per day. D-:

•••
My business partner and I have a 600+ at present but we will be looking to trim this down after the first of the year due to our changing financial and family obligations.

•••
•••
3000+ and counting
+other 2000 crap dropped

(crap means Chinese Premium here.....)

•••
5 domains so far :xf.cool:
waiting for the promo to reg ~10 more

•••
Only three but I just started. I am plannig to have 100-150 soon.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back