Your Available Domains Minimum Overture Count

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

sooty

Established Member
Impact
10
Hi,

I've found a few two-phrase .com domains, and the Overture Count for those keywords together are about 200-300.

Are these worth getting?

What do you consider the minimum count in order for you to register an available domain?

Or if you don't use Overture, what do you consider the minimum Google count?

PS I also found some .co.uk domains of about 1000 count.
 
Last edited:
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
With extension on without?
 
0
•••
Sorry, these are without the extension. I don't think these domains have ever been registered.
 
0
•••
I seems low to me for without an extension. I wouldn't buy them to resell, without having a use for them in development.
 
0
•••
What would your minimums be?
 
0
•••
Definitely over 500 IMO, but it depends on the phrase and topic. It also depends on whether there is a market that you can sell this too. In other words, who can you find that would be interested in that name.
 
0
•••
Thanks.

So if you found an Overture rank of over 10,000 for the keywords, you would probably snap it up straight away I presume, all things being equal?
 
0
•••
100+ with extension ( if the domain has been in redemption anything under that is most likely prospectors.)
10,000+ two words no extension depending on the two words. Increase this by 10,000 with each extension. 20k .net 30k .org 40k .info 50k+ .biz .us ...... Should be a pretty safe rule to follow.

You could find hundreds if not thousands a day with two words below 1000 no extension.
 
0
•••
Yes

I would definitely snap it up. Those are hard to find in the top tier extensions though.
 
0
•••
That's a nice rule of them there.
Thanks

I have to say that it is very hard to find available .coms around the 10,000 mark.

Do you think domains would be profitable around the 5,000 mark?
 
0
•••
Anything "available" probably isn't very profitable in the PPC world if thats what you're searching for. I'm sure there are a few needles in the haystack but very few. There are hundreds if not thousands of people running uncoutable lists, word combinations, etc everyday. Includig the millions of end-users searching for their own interests. In addition to alot of other lists I run the top 10,000 search terms every week.

Loads of sites display domains in redemption and pending delete for thousands to view with all of the numbers you could want such as OV, links, etc so you won't have any chance getting anything there unless you want to pay a hefty price at one of the dropcatchers. You might be able to pick up some of the bottom of the barrel ones at reg fee around drop time.

All in all it's pretty useless trying to find a type-in .com available and if you find one in redemption there's a 99.99999% probability that if you know about it someone else does to. Your best bet is to not put so much emphasis on Overture and use alot of variables to determine whether the name is good enough for "You" to invest in.

As far as making a profit on selling you never know whats going to sell. It's a numbers game. I sold what I considered one of my worst domains on sedo for $xxx and can't get an offer on what I consider my best.
 
Last edited:
0
•••
Personaly, I pay attention to both overture and google results but one major focus is on how much (roughly) AdSense will pay me per click for the #1, #2 and #3 positions.
 
0
•••
Thanks, those are some interesting comments. I never give up hope.
At the moment, I'm torn between the finding higher grossing .coms or finding lower grossing but a less saturated market and my higher local knowledge of in .co.uk's.
 
0
•••
can you please post the lik for this oveture thing, I can't find it anywhere.
And what do you do, you search for phreases and then if you get good counts you reg a domain?
 
0
•••
Appraise.net

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back