IT.COM

Domain Broker? Commission only cold caller?

NameSilo
Watch

TampaDomains

Established Member
Impact
I used the search and some stuff about domain brokers, many varying opinions.

Is there any brokers that would sell $300-$500 domains for 20% or whatever?

If this is not available then what is any ones opinion on hiring a commission only cold caller as independent contractor?

Local or maybe even outsource it to upwork or some other type company?

I am having decent success selling some domains but I don't cold call and don't like to. So after I use my methods and have a some domains accumulating, there must be a way to get someone on the phones and pay them.

I mostly have geo/business or business/geo type domains that easily sell for $350 or so.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I am an end user too, but I also buy and sell in domainer capacity. I'm not the only one here.

The only difference between you and the other end users is that you wouldn't pay premium price. You are just smart to smart to do that, just like any other domainers. You'll ask for type in traffic, parked revenue, search volume, comp and all that. You as an end user will make me lose money.

You are cheap! :)[/QUOTE]

Big smile!! :)

•••
My site has just started, not done yet. Let me share with you a video.

•••
How about sharing a video on the domains you sold OR how your approach to selling OUR domains will be?

•••
I'm not trying to be secretive. I'm pretty new, which is why I am here to learn more and figure ways to help domain owners. I don't claim myself to experienced. If you read my website, it says it well. click on the signature.

I started dabble with domain trading in 2009, and made little money, but I like it and consider want to do brokering. I went to Namescon in January and met a guy named Ryan Colby who promised to train and coach me in domain brokering. I just finished one on one training with Ryan Colby a little more than a month ago. Now, I'm still working on my site, as you see on my signature link. What Ryan recommends me is that I focus on premium domain, which position me as a premium domain broker because it's worth the time. So, at first I thought to just do premium names, $50,000 or higher, as he recommended.

In mean time, I'm just networking and getting to know people. I did do a collaboration by a broker, which he asked me to be confidential about it in helping him find a buyer. It was a 2 character domain. The domain didn't sell, but my experience is that it does take time and work to get the domains sold. I learned that many domains that got brokered don't sell. I'm I right? I'm here to learn from anyone here who's willing to share. Or if brokering a domain is easy, share. If a domain represents a product or a service, then yes, maybe. But that's what separates a great broker from the rest. And that's the skill i'm trying to learn.
Biggie, didn't I see you on Domain Sherpa interview? Not sure exactly. If so, you're the expert. I got to go back to Domain Sherpa again.

So, because I'm new to brokering, I'm looking for opportunities of market that's untapped. There is one domain I'm brokering now, real estate domain. The thing is I swayed away from the premium model, percentage fee model, and follow the second model, which I guarantee the owner a net amount if the domain sells. So, that is the reason why I'm asking everyone to see how the model works.

I know you're going to ask me again "What's the domain?" Too bad none of you here is an end user. I'll tell you later when it sells. On the other hand if you're my collaborator, then I'll share everything. But this isn't a premium domain in many people's eyes.

Hi

Thanks for deciding to be "upfront". This is what people expect, when you make solicitations or submit proposals.

imo...

•••
@obocar

1. DomainBrand is a great name to start the business with
2. Still hire someone for around $100-$200 to go over and edit text on your website, as it does require lots of improvements and corrections.

•••
Hi

Thanks for deciding to be "upfront". This is what people expect, when you make solicitations or submit proposals.

imo...
@obocar

1. DomainBrand is a great name to start the business with
2. Still hire someone for around $100-$200 to go over and edit text on your website, as it does require lots of improvements and corrections.
thank you for the input.
I having a copywriter doing that. First, he's waiting to for my video to come out, so i can work with him with the copy content, to make sure they it cohesive with the video and that there isn't too much overlap of content between the video and the copy.

The video is now done and i will be posting it soon.

Maybe you can help give me youf input.

•••
Hi

imo...

Biggie, i'm not that new in domaining.
Remember when the sopa controversy came out?
I was the one that put up sopa.com out to try to stop the law from being passed. Two fellow dnf member helped to get the site up. So, i think i did try to do good for the domain community. Now the domain is in the good hand of Andrew Rosener. I made a killing profit when I sold it to him. I think he regretted it.

Are you going to be at Namescon next year? If you are, maybe we can meet, grab lunch, chat. Maybe we can get to know each other.

•••
Not directed at any one specific person,

Exactly I have always looked at this as the opening to any domainer services conversation

I almost skipped your post. I'm glad I came back to review it. You are the moderator, so I assume you are fair one here. Let me response to your inquiry.

1) What have you sold, Personally or commissioned broker ?

I have not been wildly successful as some of you are, but i did started as a hobby in july 2009 and I've sold a few over the years. In the beggining I registered about 100 domains, maybe more. In less than 3 months, i sold khmervisa(.)com for $700, which i bought for less than $9. I got hooked, overexcited after the first sale. I did like some of you did- buy and buy. I think my number went up to over 250. I realize that i didn't sell for awhile after that, and i held back on. But i stll bought few. Many of the hand regged ones ended up dropping. Later through the years, i bought some names from
Dnf and from np, this forum I sold boneclinic.com for $1,200. I think i bought it for either $25 or $45 at dnf and i had to renew it once before i sold it. Sold partyo.com i bought it from one of the member here and sold it $700? Can't remember for sure. Bought mealsharing.com $25 and sold for $900. Mealsharing.com is an active meal sharing site now. I bought eyerecommend.com at godaddy close out, thinking of building it since i'm in the eye care industry. Within the next day, someone offer to pay $800, heck i wanted the money, so i sold it. Again, I don't consider myself wildly successful, but i did buying and selling and been reading enough to know the industry.

2) What do you own ?
If someone cannot answer immediately, then that is a BIG red flag. There are too many people who have actually accomplished things in the industry to deal with, "Well I can't say or they were all NDA's.

The thing about disclosure is that i see some domainers here and previously on dnf buy and sell. After they buy, or sell, some of them take the name off the list. The names got erased. What i am assumingis that they don't want any record of how much they bought the domains. It's easy for them to sell later on. I have a friend who bid a domain at namejet. He said that the sales price got recorded in namebio, which he didn't like. So i wouldn't want to disclose the price if i sold a domain to a fellow domainer. I did sold sopa.com Andrew Rosener of MediaOption. If you want to find out the price, you can ask Andre yourself. Initially, I asked him to broker the domain. He said he wanted to buy it. So we reached a deal same night while we were attending a night party at Namescon 2015. All I know is I made a killing, many times more profit than any of the sales i had.

I also sold one cvcv.comt o Francois Carillo, owner of domaining.com. You can ask him, which domain he bought from Vincent Uy and how much. Francois is is cheap. But also made money off of him . That's all it matters.

What do I own, you ask? I sold pretty much all my worthy domains out. Got some llll.com - sold out. I had 714.co which i bougt for $20, sold for $800 few months ago. All sold. The ones i own now are not worth mentioning. Only one that's worth something that i have today is probably druy.com, which i'm not going to sell. I also own few geo domains- nothing big.

Now if you are new you got to start somewhere so be transparent and say this is my idea, it is unproven but I will work hard. Someone might take a chance with you.

For brokering, i haven't sold a domain yet, but did work broker a few. One could have earned me at least $50,000 had it sold, it was cobrokering. The rest are not worth mentioning, and I'm not going to tell you.

I'm I transparent eough, Mr.Moderator?

If I'm not transparent enough, you can learn more about me by going to my website: www.DomainBrand.com.

•••
hey guys, my personal video needs more editing, so taking longer than expected.
I do have this video, also about me, that you can watch. Tell me what you think.

•••
•••
The music and intro / outros really don't fit O_o
just my opinion
edit: I should say I don't think either fit with the video well..not that they don't fit together, though that may be true..

•••
The music and intro / outros really don't fit O_o
just my opinion

Thanks for the comment on the music.

Goal of my answers is to target business owners and end user. What do you think of the content?

•••
You are mostly focusing on high-traffic domains? Or will you also be brokering, for example, brand names with no traffic?
I'm not an expert on this so I can't help much. Just thought I'd comment on the intro :xf.grin:

•••
You are mostly focusing on high-traffic domains? Or will you also be brokering, for example, brand names with no traffic?
I'm not an expert on this so I can't help much. Just thought I'd comment on the intro :xf.grin:
The video was the following of my coach after I finish 3 months of training with him. He recommended that I do only premium domains.

I just finished training over a months ago, so with the time I spent trying to build website, making facebook page, twitter, and making videos, it took so much of my time that I had little time to do anything else. Recently I thought I want to be able to work with different domains, premium or not, as long as it makes business sense. So, I'm asking you and other domain owners to see what is everyone's interest on the net guarantee model? If there's enough interest in that model, then I'll do that too.

You can watch the video any way, just so you get know me better :).

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back