Dynadot

debate Domain age is myth

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Isac

Top Member
Impact
I sold many Handreg and new domains to end users but till now i am not able to sell a single aged domain to enduser in my portfolio.
Enduser all about cares about name. What u say ?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@Loxline

If my responses caused undue discomfort, be in it form or content, it wasn't unintended and my apologies for that.

Sometimes, it's best for a spade to be called not a spade but a shovel ;)

•••
These were some poor or just outdated names registered 20 years ago that have no value now. I just deleted a 16 yr old name from dial up business long gone with broadband. There were plenty of idiots registering bad names back then just like today. There were so many good names available you didn't think were so good because available also so was just as hard as all were trying to find best on the day. Plenty of technologies and fad have come and gone.

•••
It is a FACT Acroples, a clear FACT
Fact: indisputable. Whom is this "fact" clear to?

There can be so much more to a domain than a name. Age, hidden attributes, unique qualities, history. Things that are overlooked by cash-hungry sellers.

Other than the price, you have no idea what an enduser is looking for.

The myth is: Endusers only care about the name.

•••
Fact: indisputable. Whom is this "fact" clear to?

There can be so much more to a domain than a name. Age, hidden attributes, unique qualities, history. Things that are overlooked by cash-hungry sellers.

Other than the price, you have no idea what an enduser is looking for.

The myth is: Endusers only care about the name.

90 % usually for mame . 10% other !

•••
•••
Yes, i do agree that the end user cares only about the domain name but the SEO purpose domain age also matters right.

•••
I'm referring to the 100 years "aged wine" statement. Surely we aren't dealing with wine here but with digital assets maxing out at 30 years of age.

Then, it seems, the time on our hands to be involved in an active discourse on domaining is up. The only time left is in to pick our bags and leave for those of us already living on borrowed time (if one uses the time of the first registered domain as provided by you as a reference point for a countdown). For the rest, the door may be soon closing, so what's the meaning with counting chicken that wont find their way home to roost ?

This discussion deviates fast from anything remotely assisting newbies to comprehend the role of age in domain valuation.

•••
I would say that many crypto names right now are going for sale and have zero age. It really depends on the name. Age matters less than it did 5 years ago. But to me I place age in the "every little bit helps" bucket. A buyer sees the name is 20 years old he wants that name and knows its not a random name that was just bought last week. age can help with a sale when deciding btw two simialr names. how much it helps its pure speculation.

•••
Completely agree with this statement, most just wish to start their brand, not buy antiques

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back