Domain Empire

Does Uniregistry marketplace get any exposure if you do not use their NS

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

xynames

XYNames.comTop Member
Impact
I have all of my domains uploaded to Uniregistry (UR) marketplace, also to Afternic (AN) marketplace. I have about 1500 domains.

I do not use their nameservers (NS) - I use domainadvertising.com 's NS so that I may utilize their PPC, and have a "____.com is for sale!" link at top and bottom of each page, for people to go to my own landing page and use a FormMail.pl form to submit an offer or inquiry. I get lots of form submissions, and have sold domains through this method - my own direct sales - quite often.

At AN, I do get regular price inquiries and have sold a domain for mid four figures. So evidently simply BEING in the AN marketplace without using their NS, gets exposure.

At UR, nada.

The UR folks are telling me that in order to get exposure I must use their NS, but if I do that, then my direct sales via my own landing page will go out the window. That issue aside, what does it MEAN that UR is telling me that I get NO exposure simply by being in their marketplace?

If I must use UR NS to get UR exposure, that means - in my book - that only people who HAPPEN TO LAND on my domain are going to get into the UR marketplace anyway. SO what advantage does UR marketplace offer me OF ITSELF, in terms of EXPOSURE? if I must use their NS to GET any exposure?

---

Related thought: will UR do some kind of SEO to drive traffic to my domain URLs if I use their NS?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
By the way, I have been UR Premium this entire time, but am not using their NS.

•••
I talked to Eli at UR on the phone just now. He said that if I use their NS the advantages I will get are their professional landing pages, and of course the use of their brokers if I opt into that, and their nice system of communication via a chat box with brokers once an inquiry is received. All of those could well lead to nice results, I agree. However, he admitted that there will be no additional exposure within the UR marketplace by virtue of utilizing their nameservers.

The only additional UR exposure from using UR NS, derives from people who happen to land on your domain name URL.

•••
The only additional UR exposure from using UR NS, derives from people who happen to land on your domain name URL.

Agreed. You will pay foreign transaction fees as Uniregistry is non US based. Additionally you may receive alarming amount of unserious inquiries leading to false hopes.

Last edited:
•••
UR offer landing page like any other maket and that's all

•••
I'm going to make my landing page xynames.com better, I mean - just more professional looking. I am a website developer so it will not be hard for me. And at the end of the day, honestly, most of my sales come from my own landing page, that is - from people who come to my domain name URL directly and then click my For Sale link to go to my xynames.com landing page.

I have sold at Sedo, Dynadot marketplace, Afternic and domainagents.com , but most of my sales are from my own doing.

•••
I'm going to make my landing page xynames.com better, I mean - just more professional looking. I am a website developer so it will not be hard for me. And at the end of the day, honestly, most of my sales come from my own landing page, that is - from people who come to my domain name URL directly and then click my For Sale link to go to my xynames.com landing page.

I have sold at Sedo, Dynadot marketplace, Afternic and domainagents.com , but most of my sales are from my own doing.
You already know what works best for you,then do it

•••
I have all of my domains uploaded to Uniregistry (UR) marketplace, also to Afternic (AN) marketplace. I have about 1500 domains.

I do not use their nameservers (NS) - I use domainadvertising.com 's NS so that I may utilize their PPC, and have a "____.com is for sale!" link at top and bottom of each page, for people to go to my own landing page and use a FormMail.pl form to submit an offer or inquiry. I get lots of form submissions, and have sold domains through this method - my own direct sales - quite often.

At AN, I do get regular price inquiries and have sold a domain for mid four figures. So evidently simply BEING in the AN marketplace without using their NS, gets exposure.

At UR, nada.

The UR folks are telling me that in order to get exposure I must use their NS, but if I do that, then my direct sales via my own landing page will go out the window. That issue aside, what does it MEAN that UR is telling me that I get NO exposure simply by being in their marketplace?

If I must use UR NS to get UR exposure, that means - in my book - that only people who HAPPEN TO LAND on my domain are going to get into the UR marketplace anyway. SO what advantage does UR marketplace offer me OF ITSELF, in terms of EXPOSURE? if I must use their NS to GET any exposure?

---

Related thought: will UR do some kind of SEO to drive traffic to my domain URLs if I use their NS?

Continue to do your own thing as most offers come in from the landing page so you can route those direct deals to Payoneer Escrow, Escrow.com etc... on your own and avoid commissions.

Still list your domains at Afternic, Sedo, etc... but don't point your domains there as your just handing away a cut of your sales that your own leads brought in along with losing contact information of the buyer which is valuable in negotiations.

I'll gamble based on 14 years of selling domains just by listing in markets and not pointing your domains there most leads will come in from Afternic as GoDaddy is known by end users and their reach is the best where other markets not so much as GoDaddy is the only one I see advertising on my television.

https://www.afternic.com/domain-reseller-network

Afternic & Sedo have a chance of getting you a sale without pointing your domains to them and losing the advantages of doing deals direct, buyer information gets passed, can respond quicker to inquires, not closed on weekends, can wrap deals complete within a couple days, building a database of end users. Other markets not so much as they only have a small fraction of the traffic so the odds of an end user going to them to search for domains would be a rare occurrence as most would have never heard of them and most leads come in from wherever the landing page goes so pointing that to yourself builds your future instead of all your deals being blind negotiations and building some third party aftermarkets future. Why should an aftermarket get a cut when the majority of leads/sales occur from the domains landing page. Aftermarket should get a cut when their distribution network obtains a sale for ya without having to point all of your domains to them.

Last edited:
•••
Continue to do your own thing as most offers come in from the landing page so you can route those direct deals to Payoneer Escrow, Escrow.com etc... on your own and avoid commissions.

Still list your domains at Afternic, Sedo, etc... but don't point your domains there as your just handing away a cut of your sales that your own leads brought in along with losing contact information of the buyer which is valuable in negotiations.

I'll gamble based on 14 years of selling domains just by listing in markets and not pointing your domains there most leads will come in from Afternic as GoDaddy is known by end users and their reach is the best where other markets not so much as GoDaddy is the only one I see advertising on my television.

https://www.afternic.com/domain-reseller-network

Afternic & Sedo have a chance of getting you a sale without pointing your domains to them and losing the advantages of doing deals direct, buyer information gets passed, can respond quicker to inquires, not closed on weekends, can wrap deals complete within a couple days, building a database of end users. Other markets not so much as they only have a small fraction of the traffic so the odds of an end user going to them to search for domains would be a rare occurrence as most would have never heard of them and most leads come in from wherever the landing page goes so pointing that to yourself builds your future instead of all your deals being blind negotiations and building some third party aftermarkets future. Why should an aftermarket get a cut when the majority of leads/sales occur from the domains landing page. Aftermarket should get a cut when their distribution network obtains a sale for ya without having to point all of your domains to them.
This seems to be the best advice so far

•••
- I use domainadvertising.com 's NS so that I may utilize their PPC,

and how is their performance with pay per click?

•••
I bring in about $150. per month for about 1400 domains. They are very responsive to requests too, such as I was able to set up custom landing pages (different one for some of my top domains), SEO optimize the parked pages, etc.

•••
•••
SEO optimize the parked pages, etc.

In what way?

I mean, a parked domain eventually loses the index. What are you allowed to do in DomainAdvertising which can help a parked page compete in the rankings?

•••
I’m averaging about $200 per month lately, from DomainAgents PPC.

As far as “a parked domain eventually loses the index” lol, says who? My domains have been parked with DA, before that with Fabulous before that with others, going back to 2002, many of them, and I get daily direct offers. Sometimes 5-6 inquiries a day but always at least one per day. I trust the fact that I’m getting regular inquiries and closing sales more than any algorithmic search engine theories. People are finding my domains and landing page somehow, which they must land on the parked page and click on the For Sale link to get to my landing page form.

The only downside I am aware of is:

https://www.namepros.com/threads/my-domain-name-is-blacklisted-by-mcafee.1048083/#post-6418563

https://www.namepros.com/threads/do...ng-next-big-thing.1038007/page-2#post-6368902

Last edited:
•••
As far as “a parked domain eventually loses the index” lol, says who?

I just did say it. You didn't answer the question though.
What are you allowed to do in DomainAdvertising to help the SEO of the domain?

•••
Oh, to help the SEO - they allow metatags, metadescription, etc.

•••
Oh, to help the SEO - they allow metatags, metadescription, etc.

Afaik, that doesn't help the SEO at all.

Thanks for letting us know though.

•••
Last edited:
•••
Why shore it does. The proof is in the pudding. MASSSSSSS people landing on my domains. And the landers love to send me bids to buy, or click on my PPC.
Your domains probably do better than the type in domainadvertising so well done to them and you since it is working.

•••
True, I mean who knows why it works, as long as it does.

•••
True, I mean who knows why it works, as long as it does.
That is main thing but it is always certain names that are unpredictable they make gold so you just adjust price so high end of asking price and they just keep working for you.

•••
My DomainAvertising revenue up to about $250. per month now.

My Uniregistry sales, still at zero point zero.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back