Dynadot

question Does the GetVisaCard.com domain conflicts with the brand name “VISA” ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

blue crystal

Established Member
Impact
If I sound naive it is because I am naive. I am a novice in the domain business.

Does the GetVisaCard.com domain name necessarily conflict with the brand name “VISA” from the Visa International Service Association ?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
So, I got lucky with "YuanCurrency.com" ?

Not really. Yuan is a currency. Following a currency with the word currency just makes it redundant.

Brad

•••
Not really. Yuan is a currency. Following a currency with the word currency just makes it redundant.

I do not quite follow...
You said that the domain "DollarCurrency.com" was OK.

•••
I do not quite follow...
You said that the domain "DollarCurrency.com" was OK.

You asked about a TM issue. It is OK as far as a TM issue.
It is not that great as a domain still.

Brad

•••
You asked about a TM issue. It is OK as far as a TM issue.
It is not that great as a domain still.

Oh, yes. I agree. If I could have "Yuan.com" would be far better.
I just found a company named YUAN:
Yuan High-Tech (GTSM: 5474) established in 1990, with headquarter in Taipei, Taiwan, is the leading force in the digital home entertainment, broadcasting, and surveillance market, delivering an extensive range of high-quality video/audio products for system integrators and ODM customers for over 27 years.

•••
Oh, yes. I agree. If I could have "Yuan.com" would be far better.
I just found a company named YUAN:
Yuan High-Tech (GTSM: 5474) established in 1990, with headquarter in Taipei, Taiwan, is the leading force in the digital home entertainment, broadcasting, and surveillance market, delivering an extensive range of high-quality video/audio products for system integrators and ODM customers for over 27 years.

Similar to my Dollar rent a car example, they are using it as a brand in a field unrelated to the generic usage.

I am sure they would have no interest in the domain YuanCurrency.com.

Brad

•••
Yuan is chinese, and Currency is not a mandarin word.. so...

•••
Yuan is chinese, and Currency is not a mandarin word.. so...

Someone is asking US$ 50,000 for YuanExchange.com !!!

•••
Someone is asking US$ 50,000 for YuanExchange.com !!!

Asking price means nothing.

There are silly asking prices for millions of domains, that sit there collecting dust and will never sell.

Brad

•••
{ DataCube.com - Buy and Sell Premium Domains }
How did you get blue letters in your linked domain "DataCube.com" in your signature?
I set different colors in my signature domain names but they disappeared after adding links to them.

•••
Its a grey area, if you start using your domain for VISA to visit countries, Like a Visa card that give access to visit certain country similar to schengen visa which allow you visit European countries, in that case you have a fighting chance. Again its all about, is it worth the fight? if you use it finance or banking related you have zero chance.

•••
•••
If I sound naive it is because I am naive. I am a novice in the domain business.

Does the GetVisaCard.com domain name necessarily conflict with the brand name “VISA” from the Visa International Service Association ?

Trademark issues aside, I can't imagine anyone would want to buy that domain. A company with a branded card or deal with visa would want a domain specific to their branding and anyone else would want something less specific. Something like GetRewardsCard.com would have a wider audience and avoid any possible trademark conflicts.

•••
No, I am not obsessed at all. I just keep "hammering" any matter until it becomes crystal clear to me.
Blue Crystal,

The great majority of NamePros’ members bend over backward to help other members, donating their time and expertise cheerfully; sadly, every now and then one receives a pompous, egotistical response from someone who gets his thrills degrading others, often by name-calling (as in you’re obsessive); such posts are not meant to help others as much as they are (subjectively) meant to pat one’s own back.

Just be thankful you are sincere (e.g., admitting you’re naive), and be thankful you don’t have to try to make yourself feel whole by deMEANing others!

Last edited:
•••
Get visa+card and you still ask if its TM
Yes you can do nothing with that name
It's the easiest domain in the world to back for the TM Holder against you

•••
You could have legal trouble with the domain. However, as long as you don't cause "confusion" to visitors of that domain and represent it as if you are VISA, then it should be considered fair use. If you registered it just to cybersquat on it, that may be an issue. It might be best to use it as a redirect to another site. Check out Archive.org and see what it shows. First activity was back in 2001.

•••
There is not Visa card service without visa corp...so yes ...you are a criminal lol

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back