IT.COM

advice Does redirected URL counts the traffic hits

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

CakeCode

Top Member
Impact
I am just wondering if the URL of a parked domain , counts any hits that it gets .

To be precise.

I have this domain names ClaimTaxes.com registered at GoDaddy and Parked at Uniregistry.
This will soon be going for Name Jet auctions (currently under wishlist category on Name jet) so I have redirected this domain to the auction page.

Now my concern is when it was at the Uniregistry it was tracking all the traffic, but since now I pointed it to Name Jet with a URL redirect does its traffic gets counted ? and where ? since the name servers are now reset to GoDaaddy's defaults ?

Please do let me know guys.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
CakeCode.net

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
well if you were tracking your stats via Uniregistry and now your nameservers point to GoDaddy there is no way Uniregistry can read your domain stats. So if I understand correctly your situation: No, uniregistry can't track your traffic anymore as you are completely bypassing them.

•••
well if you were tracking your stats via Uniregistry and now your nameservers point to GoDaddy there is no way Uniregistry can read your domain stats. So if understand correctly your situation: No, uniregistry can't track your traffic anymore as you are completely bypassing them.

Thanks for the reply

When it was at Uniregistry (with Uniregistry name servers) , I could see the traffic in their panel.

But since now it was redirected with a URL , the name servers have been defaulted to GoDaddy name servers.

So I am just wondering does GoDaddy collect the traffic info for this domain ?

•••
I don't think GoDaddy provides any tracking. How are you pointing your domain to the listing? With a www dns record?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back