Watch

sarahsdomains

MemberTop Member
Impact
GVIRTUALREALITY.COM
GDRIVERLESS.COM

Can Google claim my domains?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
The real question is why would you register these names in the first place ? What is the G supposed to mean in this context ? Would you have registered these names if Google didn't exist ?

•••
Yes.

I have
DDRIVERLESS.COM
AAUTONOMOUS.COM
SSOCIALMEDIA.COM
IINTERNETT.COM

And plenty more with random letters. This one happens to be a G and I was curious.

Hope I didn't offend you by defending myself against your offensive judgemental attitude.

•••
I don't think it was ment to be offensive

To answer your question no, Google doesn't own 'G'.

Last edited:
•••
The real question is why would you register these names in the first place ? What is the G supposed to mean in this context ? Would you have registered these names if Google didn't exist ?
Hey who knows maybe the next gmail will be gpost or something. Register enough gdomains and he might get lucky... with google it only takes one and the sale could set you up for a while.

Personally I am still searching for a viable cloud name, they seem to be all gone in .com
I have tried some pretty weird combinations and no luck.

•••
And plenty more with random letters. This one happens to be a G and I was curious.
The problem with random letters, is that there is no scarcity. Everybody can register names like these, just by adding some random letter somewhere in the name. You are going to lose a lot of money and make no sales.

I was not being judgemental, but since you're posting this, you seem to be in doubt as to the TM issues. When a UDRP is filed, the burden of proof is on the respondent to demonstrate that the registration was made in good faith. The panel could rule bad faith against you, should you fail to provide a justification for buying these names.

GDRIVERLESS.COM is not completely random in this context, since we know Google is involved with driverless cars. In UDRP, the panelists would probably not buy the excuse that it is just a random letter. Out of 26 available letters, you picked the one that is more problematic than the rest.

Register enough gdomains and he might get lucky...
Or not. That would look like a 'pattern' of bad faith in UDRP parlance.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back