Domain Empire

discuss Does end users know that domain names are important?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DuDD

Top Member
Impact
Does end users know that domain names are important?
No, they don't!
  • I find too few end users that value domain names.In the eyes of many business leaders, this important intangible asset is not important. They think it is better to spend millions on advertising on a certain stage than to buy a series of numbers

• What can be done to reverse this ingrained idea?

• Forum seniors, what do you think?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It really depends who you are discussing it with at the company. If you speak to Head of Markering, IT Manager, Business Development Manager, CEO etc you will find those peopel realise the value of a domain name.

If end-users didnt see the value of domains, you wouldnt see x,xxx, xx,xxx and xxx,xxx domain sales on a daily/weekly basis.

•••
Does end users know that domain names are important?
No, they don't!

Hi

all the "end-users" that are end using the domains i've sold...
obviously knew the importance, when they contacted me.

when you have domains that "speak for themselves", then you don't have to do much talking.

imo....

•••
It really depends who you are discussing it with at the company. If you speak to Head of Markering, IT Manager, Business Development Manager, CEO etc you will find those peopel realise the value of a domain name.

If end-users didnt see the value of domains, you wouldnt see x,xxx, xx,xxx and xxx,xxx domain sales on a daily/weekly basis.

Thank you for sharing.:xf.smile:

I quite agree with you.

When I see some companies doing well, but their domain name is very ordinary, I feel quite a pity

•••
Hi

all the "end-users" that are end using the domains i've sold...
obviously knew the importance, when they contacted me.

when you have domains that "speak for themselves", then you don't have to do much talking.

imo....

YES you are right

When your domain name is attractive enough, the end users will naturally come back to you:xf.smile:

•••
I like the end users who have found the happy medium: they have some good content, and want a quality domain to present it on.

I think you're referring to the end user types who really couldn't give two hoots about a name; they'll use faceplant, blogger, .net (hehe j/k .net ain't so bad) or whatever means necessary to publish their content. These guys are the scary guys.

To reverse this ingrained idea, really they just need an aha! moment.

•••
* Just to add, another example are geo-centric end users, established in a certain locale or community. These guys have developed a product or service that are generally dependent on foot traffic, not internet traffic. So for example Mike's Tire Service has been around for 75 years, and everyone in the community knows him. A great domain name would be nice to have, but not essential to the running of his business.

•••
* Just to add, another example are geo-centric end users, established in a certain locale or community. These guys have developed a product or service that are generally dependent on foot traffic, not internet traffic. So for example Mike's Tire Service has been around for 75 years, and everyone in the community knows him. A great domain name would be nice to have, but not essential to the running of his business.

Yes, not all businesses need a good domain name, which I quite agree with
Thank you for you detailed sharing:xf.smile:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back