Dynadot

discuss Do you see new gTLDs being used?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

nomen

Top Member
Impact
Yes, there are similar threads on NP about the question in hand but based on your browsing habits, what you see in the wild (inthewild.domains) and everything in between, what is your overall view on this?

Here's mine: I see them every day, all day, everywhere online (SERPs, (tech) blogs, press releases and what have you.) I really do. Especially in SERPs. Literally every time (ok, most of the time) I search for something, a site on a new gTLD pops up, if not on the first page, then on the second.

And what I read every day here on NP is that nobody uses them, nobody knows about them. This simply isn't my experience.

As I'm from Europe (Finland to be exact), I'm starting to think that maybe Google for some reason or another shows them more in queries originating from outside the US.

What do you think?

P.s. Not a big fan of new G's (own a hundred or so as speculative fun) but I do pay a lot of attention to them and to their adoption by the public.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have come across a couple .technology domains lately. Hush.Technology being one of them.

•••
Livinglife.scot
Saw it on taxi in Glasgow

•••
I've seen some on signs for organizations and businesses--family businesses and some larger corporations.

•••
As a frequent reader of anything tech/startup the new g's show up frequently, nothing rare about it. In the SERP, private or not all sorts of extensions shows up. Including odd ccTLD's.

No point in listening to biased individuals be it haters or lovers of the new g's. They don't have the power to decide the outcome of domain names usability regardless of how many hours they spend hating/loving them on forums. Domain names are not family, friends or enemies, its just goods.

New g's are a high risk market and few succeed with them at this time when the supply are bigger than the demand. But you can make money on them too obviously if you know what you are doing (most don't).
The odd thing about those poeple that claimed they have been in this industry for years, so they know what domains extension you should be buying. But yet, they are struggling to make a sale or gets any visitors. And I just wonder, I never see these expert domainers posted any domain for appraisal or the like on here. It would be nice if they share their domains here, just like me and other NP members. You talk about and cretizised other members domains; but yet you don't even post any. ....

•••
I see .top being used for spam. I've been getting spam that makes it into my Gmail inbox since last year. It's pretty bad actually.

•••
Because the experienced domainers are able to appraise themselves...
Additional comments that burn their time are not needed... and SE-indexing as well.

Last edited:
•••
And the best appraisal - own results or their absence.

•••
Actually saw a .irish domain being used. But then I've run a full new gTLD web usage and development survey on all new gTLDs in June. There should be some results in the next few days.

Regards...jmcc

•••
The shortest way to get knowledge - to monitor sales at DNJournal weekly...
+ WHOIS-analytics of sales and overall.

•••
The odd thing about those poeple that claimed they have been in this industry for years, so they know what domains extension you should be buying. But yet, they are struggling to make a sale or gets any visitors. And I just wonder, I never see these expert domainers posted any domain for appraisal or the like on here. It would be nice if they share their domains here, just like me and other NP members. You talk about and cretizised other members domains; but yet you don't even post any. ....

Think hard about it, maybe you will get it and understand someday.

•••
Some people on here are full of it; they would not comment or quote about that individual posting if they like that person or something. Even though his or her comments are so overwhelming for that topic. The same people will roam around and look for specific individual posting; click dislike and report them. It is just like a workplace nepotism and buddy buddy system; nothing but toxic. And the mod will be more likely in favor with them; for reason or no reason at all.

I think those people that hesitate to post any of their domains for appraisal or just for another reason, is only good for negativity and of course jealousy. And yet they are adored by the same feather that flock together. Not good..

•••
was googling today "vr camera"...first result vuze.camera
looks nice

•••
vuze.com also looks nice (another TM-enduser)...

•••
@ZapNano
As of now I own 970+ domains... you want to appraise each or what??? )

•••
In other words: be Brand, be TM - and 1st page in SERP is guaranteed regardless of TLD.

•••
p.s. Let endusers to appraise your domains...
This is my POV.

•••
@ZapNano
As of now I own 970+ domains... you want to appraise each or what??? )
Is that how NP community function put 970 + domains for appraisal at one time. Even if I had started domaining back in 1989, I would not want these many domains. 970+ domains too much for me. Wow!

•••
Portfolio must be at least 500 to get offers and sales on a regular basis...

•••
In other words you don't get a sale or the like if you don't own 500 names. Are you sure with that saying of yours.

•••
Because real conversion is 1-2% in terms of enduser-sales... so calculate your chances...

•••
I don't want to buy 500 names. Too much....

•••
If you own 100 good names...
Then you probably will get 1-2 enduser-sales yearly...

Last edited:
•••
When I started (a first few years) my portfolio was no more than 300...
And the real enjoyment of domaining came to me only after 500 mark...

•••
But if you trade under $500 - your conversion may be significantly higher...

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back