IT.COM

discuss Do you really think BB values (Price for domain) are real ??

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

vikas123

Established Member
Impact
Brandbucket quoted prices for domain

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
They are very real.

If they were fake then they wouldn't be selling two domains per day (on average).

They sell around 2 domains per day yes, but keep in mind that they have an inventory of around 35,000 domains. BB basically sells around 800 domains per year out of 35,000 listed (and most of those sold domains were owned by the site owner). In other words around 2.3% of all BB listed domains will end up being sold after one year. The other 97.7% won't be sold.

•••
They sell around 2 domains per day yes, but keep in mind that they have an inventory of around 35,000 domains. BB basically sells around 800 domains per year out of 35,000 listed (and most of those sold domains were owned by the site owner). In other words around 2.3% of all BB listed domains will end up being sold after one year. The other 97.7% won't be sold.

so you need 100 domains at BB
you pay 100 * 9 usd = 900 usd
plus 100 * 10 usd fee 1000 usd

you sell 2.3 at 1000 usd = 2300 usd

+ plus extra odds to sell more..
thats sounds good to me

•••

1-2% is average portfolio turnover. Not much different than parking with Sedo or DNS.

•••

+ plus extra odds to sell more..
thats sounds good to me

Like I said, most of the domains sold belonged to the site owner.

•••
1-2% is average portfolio turnover. Not much different than parking with Sedo or DNS.
Indeed. And with Sedo or DNS you don't have to pay a $10 listing fee, no logo fee and the commission is lower as well.

Last edited:
•••
Like I said, most of the domains sold belonged to the site owner.

statistics are about average right?
so that should be same for all listed domains

•••
here are my personal averages at BB

6.82% of inventory sold
over the past 12 months

its about the names
not about the owner

•••
statistics are about average right?
so that should be same for all listed domains
I don't know what the average would be if one would exclude the site owner his sold domains. I assume it will be lower than 2.3% though.

here are my personal averages at BB

6.82% of inventory sold
over the past 12 months

its about the names
not about the owner

That's awesome. And yes it's about the names but the owner has better names than the average names on brandbucket I think (and has many more listed ). Plus it makes sense for him to promote them better than any of the other names.

Last edited:
•••
I...but the owner has better names than the average names on brandbucket I think (and has many more listed ). ...

so then he will sell more
thats no magic
and there is no need for conspirancy theories

•••
Are you saying MK sells more than 400 domains a year (assuming BB sells 800)?

•••
Michael Krell is not the owner of BrandBucket. Michael posted on TLDinvestors.com that he pays 30% commission like every other BrandBucket seller.

•••
•••
Indeed. And with Sedo or DNS you don't have to pay a $10 listing fee, no logo fee and the commission is lower as well.
No I'm not saying that.

Talking about Michael Krell, he does sell tons of domains though. Found an article that in May 2016 25% of all BB sold domains were his.
Source: https://dnbolt.com/blog/michael-krell-sale-19-domains-may-2016/

You said...

"BB basically sells around 800 domains per year out of 35,000 listed (and most of those sold domains were owned by the site owner)."

Define most.

400?
500?
600?
700?

•••
You said...

"BB basically sells around 800 domains per year out of 35,000 listed (and most of those sold domains were owned by the site owner)."

Define most.

400?
500?
600?
700?

MK is not the site owner?

Either way let's just say BB has a 2.3% average sell through rate and leave it at that.

Last edited:
•••
MK is not the site owner.
I am glad you realised MK is not the site owner.

Are you saying the site owner sells the majority of BB names?

•••
@Justin Matmor

Look, you said

They are very real.

If they were fake then they wouldn't be selling two domains per day (on average).

I was merely pointing out that 2 sales per day out of a 35000 domain inventory is not something spectacular. A 2% sell through rate is an average portfolio turnover. So personally I will never list any names on BB since that 2% sell through rate comes with listing fees, logo fees and a huge commission as well.

•••
to me it looks like Michael Krell is simply good at what he does
today he catched a brandable out of the list I was going after

so thats the game
try it and go for it

conspiracy good bye

•••

so thats the game
try it and go for it

conspiracy good bye
Can you share the name Frank?

•••
I believe he is great at what he does.

•••
Last edited:
•••
•••

So based on what you just wrote you buy 100 hand regs (since you said $9/domain) and all 100 get accepted in BB. Wow. That's amazing. ;)

All jokes aside, what's the average acceptance rate of hand regs on BB?
And then maybe make a calculation based on that? Because for every domain that you handreg that isn't accepted you pay $9 as well.

Last edited:
•••
Brand names have value sure, representing your brand name as a domain name for your presence on the web is vital for brand awareness.

It is not uncommon for a company to spend high five figures to hire a naming agency to find a great brand name for them, that reflects their mission, message, values and that will resonate with their target industry and audience.

I will give you a real life example, from my past working in IT. We used to use a product called Barracuda, I loved the product and it's offering, but the name itself drew me in before I even knew how good they were. As an end result, I used them in a further two deployments in a medium to large sized deployments..

A brandable domain name (hence a brand name) is worth so much more than you can imagine, look past the letters and feel the meaning of the name, through it's feeling in the mouth and it's connotations, definition and what it inspires within you.

•••
So based on what you just wrote you buy 100 hand regs (since you said $9/domain) and all 100 get accepted in BB. Wow. That's amazing. ;)

And then maybe make a calculation based on that? Because for every domain that you handreg that isn't accepted you pay $9 as well.

Good point. I do wonder how on earth MK is achieving an acceptance rate of 80% or more (I am assuming that he is, given that is what BB wants you to achieve).

I have an acceptance rate of around 30%. The point is, unless you sell your non-BB names, you will most likely never make a profit using BB. Only the top few percent of sellers will, and hats off to those of you that do, your doing well in a very difficult niche.

•••

that is true ;)

that chances the odds a little
so here are my personal stats

Submitted:728
Rejected:623
Published:83
Sold:3
8 are pending for design
1 accepted domain I do not want to publish

let say I spend $7280 usd on registering domains
and $830 usd on fees

now I m fucked as I spend $8110 usd
as I was paid only $6950 usd

I wasted $1160 usd
to have 80 published names
and 8 pending design

thats $13,18 usd per published name
- I can live with that-

come on BB give me another sale

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back