Dynadot

question Do you or should you factor inflation when you price your domain?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

WhoaDomain.com

WhoaDomain.comTop Member
Impact
Hello NP,
This question is pretty specific so I hope it’s not moved to another thread.

so we’ve all done this or at least we should.

when we get a price inquiry for our domains from either Afternic or Uniregistry or Sedo because we have not put a price on it yet. We jump on Namebio or similar and check for comps and then act like we know what we are doing lol and decide what price to ask.

how exactly do we honestly, realistically and fairly price our domains based on Comps?

also more important if the closest comp based on Keywords sold in 2018 or 2010 how exactly do you calculate the price of your domain you might sell today in 2021 which is 11 or 9 years later?

Or

do you simply price your domain based on a similar comp from 2018 or 2010?

or do you ask for a price factoring in the years since that comp’s sale?

do you factor into price inflation? Or ask for 2018 prices for 2021 selling domains?

yes or no?

or are you like Hugedomains and price everything around $1600 to max $8500. Nothing publicly priced above $10,000 just to move inventory.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Inflation seems to be picking up rapidly, especially in the US. The Fed kept on saying that it will be temporary/ transitory. But they recently changed their mind and said it might last another 6 to 9 months. Personally, I don't believe a word they say and will monitor inflation closely. Hope we will not wind up like Venezuela and their hyperinflation.

When food prices continue to go up on a regular basis and commodity prices do not come down, I will increase my prices gradually. But I still aim to price most of my domains reasonably with the intent of selling them within 1 to max 2 years after purchase.

If inflation gets out of hand, renewal prices will inevitably go up as well. Just before they do, I will renew my best domains at the current price.

•••
when inflation is up people need more money for food and living nobody wants to overpay so I lowered prices and stopped purchasing and registering new domains.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back