Domain Empire

Do you have more than 4 websites ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

What type of hosting you use ?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Dedicated Server

votes
    16.0%
  • Shared Hosting

votes
    58.0%
  • Virtual Private Server (VPS)

votes
    8.0%
  • Reseller Hosting

votes
    18.0%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Sameh

NameMarket.comTop Member
Impact
If you already have more than 4 websites .. what type of hosting you use ? Shared hosting or dedicated server.

And why, if possible :)

PS : don't forget to vote.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
VPS, which isn't one of your options. I'll never go back to shared hosting again! Shared hosting is just a nightmare.

•••
SecondVersion said:
VPS, which isn't one of your options. I'll never go back to shared hosting again! Shared hosting is just a nightmare.
Sorry about that. never used it before. i can't edit my poll now :(

BTW, why Shared hosting is just a nightmare ?

•••
Shared hosting, it's dirt cheap!

•••
less then 10 sites, always go for shared hosting. Unless you have more then 10K traffic on each site.

•••
eg.domains said:
Sorry about that. never used it before. i can't edit my poll now :(
;) :tu:

I own four or five small-scale sites in a shared hosting environment.

•••
Moved to hosting discussion - also added another option to the poll. ;)

-Bill

•••
Thank you both .. Etab & Bill :)

•••
it all depends on the nature of the sites, their requirements, and traffic/usage. four websites could probably be handled with shared hosting, although you'd want something more powerful if your sites are "important".

•••
As for me I use shared web hosting from Ahosting.biz and like the services they privide.

•••
I have more than 4 site's. I just use shared hosting myself

•••
Around 30-40 sites, dedicated server.

•••
I have 70 websites and I use shared and resellers to just balance it out. So that when there are issues with one server my boat doesn't sinks. Plus some SEO benefits.

•••
about 50+ web sites : reseller and shared.

•••
No need to buy web hosting while working for web hosting company:), but I have 5 personal web sites on the saher web hosting. They are mine.

•••
approx 30 sites spread across 6 shared hosts.

- two have their servers in certain geographic locations which is better ( more responsive ) for visitors from those regions. ( also not sure if google does an ip to location when performing a "sites from country" search )

- one is a high availablility account with failover.

- one is my main shared host with most of my sites on

- one is so cheap as to be virtually free, i put my low priority static sites on it just to spread things around

- one is a legacy host which i haven't been bothered to move from yet

•••
I use shared hosting. That may change according to my need in the future.

•••
At me while 7 sites and me quite suffice shared hosting.

•••
I had 20+ sites on a shared hosting .

•••
I have choose shared host. Why ?
The only one reason of me to choose shared hosting is because shared hosting have a different ip each one and other right ? So, thats thing for make a good SEO of your website. :)
Hope this could help you anyway :)

•••
umat_gila said:
I have choose shared host. Why ?
The only one reason of me to choose shared hosting is because shared hosting have a different ip each one and other right ? So, thats thing for make a good SEO of your website. :)
Hope this could help you anyway :)

Well, you can do that with a server or VPS as well. I think a lot of people choose shared hosting because it's easier to get support for, and you need little server knowledge. I love having a server though, it's great when you need it.

•••
Dear HW-David,

I am the one have know internet start from 2004. And still exist over now. And you know what ? I have started everything without some funds. And as i can see here... VPS need much money than choose shared hosting right ?

So, its depends to people need host. Thats all my assumsion. I hope this help to everyone :)

•••
I host about 4 sites at Media Temple. I can have up to 100.

For 20 USD a month I get 100GB disk space and 1TB bandwidth.

My sites are small scale so even the above is much more than I need. But MT are reliable and if my starts growing fast I don't have to panic about bandwithd, etc...

•••
18 sites or so,

Resseller accounts used = 3

6 on Each, 3 differant servers.

•••
I have 4 blogs and 1 other website. I use Shared Hosting for the blogs since they don't need much storage but they need bandwidth. I also use a Master Reseller for my other site but I'm going to upgrading to a vps soon.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back