NameSilo

Do people create programs to click on their domains?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I imagine this would make you a lot of money, if you had a program earning you click through dollars all the time, or just to increase your traffic figures.
Anyone ever done it?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Don't do it. I'm sure others have, but a surefire way to make the clickrate go down is to have a bunch of effin idiots running around with these scripts that click on links. It hurts everyone, so again, if you're tempted, don't.

•••
Building Traffic to domains is a common practice - Most just use Traffic Exchanges though a lot of this "Free" Traffic is not unique and Most is not useable on Domain Parking.
But .... False "ClickThroughs" is Very unethical and Should not Be attempted as there may be serious consequences ~

•••
•••
•••
i just didn't like the way he said...'there may be serious consequences'
It's not flippin life or death we're talking here.

•••
•••
The People who "Pay" for the advertising may see it differently ... This is their lively-hood ~ And therefore may be considered "life or death"

If you caught someone stealing at your Place of Business - Wouldn't you consider it a "Life or Death" Situation ? - Would it Cause " serious consequences " ?

It Would for me -

•••
all earnings you built up will also be kept by Google.

•••
....assuming they find out

•••
tim1 said:
....assuming they find out

...and if you seriously believe that they can't find out then you should have a go.

Somehow I think though that they will find out - most everything is traceable and the parking companies spend a lot of time verifying clickthroughs to make sure they are legit otherwise they would soon go out of business.

•••
bensontwenty said:
...and if you seriously believe that they can't find out then you should have a go.

Somehow I think though that they will find out - most everything is traceable and the parking companies spend a lot of time verifying clickthroughs to make sure they are legit otherwise they would soon go out of business.

Haven't got the technical knowledge i'm afraid, but i would if i could.

•••
tim1 said:

It's not hard to find a hitbot and use one. And it's just as easily to detect such use from the other end and get all your domains, account, sites, etc. banned and blacklisted.

To say you "would if {you} could" is pretty much admitting you will cheat others to make money. You won't get far in any online business with that mentality.

•••
paxton said:
tim1 said:

It's not hard to find a hitbot and use one. And it's just as easily to detect such use from the other end and get all your domains, account, sites, etc. banned and blacklisted.

To say you "would if {you} could" is pretty much admitting you will cheat others to make money. You won't get far in any online business with that mentality.

ditto ...it would be the end of the road for you! for your biz anyway!

•••
This comes down to basic fraud detection. Yes, programs like this exist and believe me all ppc programs are aware of it know how to detect it. They will rightfully boot you out of the program and keep your earnings if you try using it.

•••
I have seen a few cases where people are banned from AdSense. Once AdSense bans you, it doesn't seem like there is any way to get them to pay you for previous earnings you may have accrued. You just have to take their word that someone was making fraudulent clicks on your site.

I'm an AdWords advertiser and I use the conversion tracking code that is placed on the "signup complete" page. When someone clicks on a Google Ad and then makes it through my signup process, the tracking code reports that to AdWords. I have real signups occuring due to AdWords and a fairly decent conversion rate (almost 10 percent). If my conversion rate fell to 0%, I would quit using AdWords. Whether or not advertisers are using conversion tracking through Google, Overture, or just some simple method, if they don't see signups occuring due to the ads, then they will very quickly channel their advertising money elsewhere.

These click bots (often in India from what I've read) are the reason that affiliate programs which pay for a sale provide a more stable source of income than PPC income.

•••
oh ya, and i dont think thats a good way to try to enter into this community

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back