IT.COM

Do not open PM from ---> saurabh / Asys

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
New NamePros Scam Alert

I have just received a message from certain "saurabh" about a guessing contest.

Here is his message

Edit: Link removed
guess a 5 dig word and win watch.com
hello friends

I m selling 100 5 digit domains
all pronounceable word
http://www.namepros.com/domains-for-sale-make-offer/427669-300-rare-4-character-words-ll.html

but i m new here

so to make my thread popular

I m holding a contest

U r to guess the names of domain i m selling

if u guess even one name from my domain list

i will give u watch . com for free

(the site has more than 1000 hits every day)

u can guess only 3 names
not more than three

i will post the winner as soon as the right word is guessed

so go on guessing
and
good luck

People don't get fooled, the url leads to different domain with same login interface as in NamePros! it's certainly a case of Phishing.

Regards,
Chenzen

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
His account has been closed.

•••
people you have to remember to click that little exclamation point in the lower left hand corner to report to the mods..they're also on pm's

jim

•••
Site has been taken down

Deleted passwords file

Name on the hosting account:
saurabh kumar
chennai, India

[email protected]

•••
It`s like a war these days here, I`m really having hard time in ignoring them.

If I get one of them...I`ll show them a good time.

•••
Thanks everyone. As Jim said, as soon as you see something like this, you need to report it IMMEDIATELY. It is not humanly possible for us to see every message posted and every PM sent right away -- we need your help. You need to alert us (by clicking the "Report Bad Post" icon), and we will take whatever action is necessary. Thanks!

•••
This scammer likes to go after domains reg'd with godaddy as he knows they will do absolutely squat about it! LLLL.com's are his favourite target although he has scammed other's. He likes to pay in the $500 - $750 region with Paypal knowing that most will use pp up to this amount. The worst thing is he uses bonafide accounts that he has phished the details. You think you are dealing with someone you know who could have a great rep!! If using Paypal I personally in future am going to hold the domain until the money clears. I'm sure a true buyer will wait a few days!

•••
Len said:
This scammer likes to go after domains reg'd with godaddy as he knows they will do absolutely squat about it! LLLL.com's are his favourite target although he has scammed other's. He likes to pay in the $500 - $750 region with Paypal knowing that most will use pp up to this amount. The worst thing is he uses bonafide accounts that he has phished the details. You think you are dealing with someone you know who could have a great rep!! If using Paypal I personally in future am going to hold the domain until the money clears. I'm sure a true buyer will wait a few days!

few? make that 61 days

Just DO NOT USE PAYPAL till some of these animals gets their share of what they deserve, even in Italy , lately for few hundreds Euro , a judge sent to Jail a young man for 3 years.

•••
Gene said:
Thanks everyone. As Jim said, as soon as you see something like this, you need to report it IMMEDIATELY. It is not humanly possible for us to see every message posted and every PM sent right away -- we need your help. You need to alert us (by clicking the "Report Bad Post" icon), and we will take whatever action is necessary. Thanks!

Just for the record, I did that immediately, then posted here... :)

•••
•••
gdi... digital point crap starting to happen @ np? :(!

•••
I got a mail saying "You have received a new private message at NamePros.Com from saurabh".
When I logged into namepros I had not received any PM.
Looks like members cannot receive PMs from him.
But I wonder why I got the mail.

•••
IP Information for 122.164.248.68
IP Location: India Chennai Abts-tn-dsl-9111-chn
Resolve Host: dsl-tn-dynamic-068.248.164.122.airtelbroadband.in

I don't think anyone would fall for this - seeing it is sent out by members with no posts , But if anyone did - Obviously you need to change your password.

In either case - It is NEVER a good idea to use the same passwords on forums and Registrar sites etc ... Each one should be unique.

•••
He is banned already. And I hope his new username Asys as well. That should be reason why you can`t see this PM.

•••
I deleted all sent PM's by them - If you haven't opened it yet , You won't see it.

Several threads merged also ...

•••
:tu:

how abt disabling PM to newbie who has less than 10 posts or joined in less than 10 days

•••
Thanks for the alert. :D

•••
I recieved that minutes ago:
infinitomagazine,

You have received a new private message at NamePros.Com from Asys. Please click
here to log in and read it:
http://www.namepros.com/private.php

Thanks,
NamePros.Com team

But my Pm hadnt any PM from Asys

•••
Damn, he is from chennai??? I am also from Chennai, India. :td:

•••
•••
Well when i got that pm i sent it straight to mark i knew some think was fishy about it.

•••
Thanks for the heads up chenzen. Really appreciate it. Repped you.

•••
jsp said:
Site has been taken down

Deleted passwords file

Name on the hosting account:
saurabh kumar
chennai, India

[email protected]

This name looks very very familiar, I think he is also operating under a different alias. I have been scanning so many forums that I cant even remeber where or how I remeber this name, but I do.

Please watch out!

•••
bbalegere said:
I got a mail saying "You have received a new private message at NamePros.Com from saurabh".
When I logged into namepros I had not received any PM.
Looks like members cannot receive PMs from him.
But I wonder why I got the mail.

I got the same one from asys well actually 2 but at the exact same time
and when I mouse over the link it shows it came from here. :-/
Was that a "real" notification? There was no PM

•••
Mark said:
I deleted all sent PM's by them - If you haven't opened it yet , You won't see it.

Read all posts folks ^ - There is a reason the PM isn't there ;)

•••
Len said:

Even if you wait for the cash to clear then can still take the funds out of your account!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back